Revo hesitating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My Revo 3.3 is hesitating off the line but quickly picks up and runs great? It's not a bog it's more of a stall and I'm running good temps around 210-225. It's never done this before and it's irritating do you guys know what may be causing it to do this. I was thinking it may be a little rich on the LNS but I leaned it a touch and it was still doing it. I did just install a failsafe but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it stalling like it is. It's not dying and I have a pretty good idle and it will run great after it stalls for just a sec. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

it could be you throttle servo my t-maxx did that until i put a higher torque servo in

it could be you throttle servo my t-maxx did that until i put a higher torque servo in

I have replaced all the servo's with high torque servo's and they are fairly new like a week old. Thats kinda what it acts like though is the transmitter is loosing contact with the reciever but if that was the case my failsafe would apply the brakes and I did check that and my failsafe is working properly.

---------- Post added at 7:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:52 PM ----------

I have replaced all the servo's with high torque servo's and they are fairly new like a week old. Thats kinda what it acts like though is the transmitter is loosing contact with the reciever but if that was the case my failsafe would apply the brakes and I did check that and my failsafe is working properly.

Also I did replace the fuel line and I didn't have enough to loop it through the roll bar you think maybe that could be it should I get some more fuel line and loop it through the roll bar like it was from the factory?

i would try that and what rx pack are you using

i was thinking the AA batteries were the problem because they weren't supplying enough power for you servo's but i just remembered that the revos came with the traxxas rx packs

i was thinking the AA batteries were the problem because they weren't supplying enough power for you servo's but i just remembered that the revos came with the traxxas rx packs

Yea and it holds a great charge. I will pick some more fuel line up tomorrow I believe that is going to be my issue. Without it not having the loops in the line it may be dumping to much fuel to the carb causing it to choke out. Thats my hope anyway. The motor holds a great tune so I'm pretty sure it's not a ait leak plus I have sealed the motor recently and the fuel tank has a new gasket around the lid.

210-225 is a little cool, you can lean it out a bit more and see if that helps

It may be running too cool. It may also have an exhaust leak. Are you running a hot plug?

The length of the fuel line really has nothing to do with the engine tune or hesitation.
To check the servo response, just remove the air filter and watch the slide valve when you apply throttle. If the slide valve hesitates/delays from the input from the TX you found the issue, if not its most likely a tune related hesitation.

I fixed it thank you for all the comments and suggestions. I ran all new fuel line and it fixed it kinda weird but it runs great now.

Back