Differential rebuild help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I looked at my front differential yesterday and I noticed the ring gear is missing a section of teeth. Everything else looks ok in there though. I have yet to pull the rear diff and see what they look like. My first question is....Is the diff gears for the front and rear of the Revo the exact same part number and such? I could only find the diff gears in the rear exploded view on traxxas website. None are listed in the front exploded view. 2nd, is there any hop of parts I can put in the diffs to make them better for the Revo? Third what weight gear oil would you run in there? Also my two speed gear went bad taking out another gear with it in the transmission. I have three gear options for my 2 speed gear. Standard gearing, tall or short. Should I just get the short gearing and add more top speed or should I get the standard so I have the best of both worlds? Lastly when I pulled the gears apart in my transmission it was bone dry. Should I put some kind of grease on the transmission gears when I rebuild it. Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you.

Actually the shorter gearing would cut your top speed but allow you to accelerate more quickly. I'v always used the wide-ratio gers in my basher.

The front and rear diffs are the same.

No lube is required in the stock tranny.

If you feel the need for lube in the trans use dry graphite only.

I've tried many different greases and oils in the diffs but all you need is the silicone of your choice inside the diff and regular grease for the ring and pinion gears.

Back