Tire question?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am swapping my old revo tires and wheels for the new 17mm hex and 6.3 tires will this affect anything in a negative way? I like wheelie's and climbing hills I was wondering if the bigger tires would have a affect on either of those? Thanks

If you mean the Summit tires, then lots will be affected. They are soft and sloppy. Nice for mudding but cornering and high speed runs will be compromised. The taller diameter will effectively give you taller gearing making it a tad slower off the line and less likely to wheelie. May still be able to wheelie but not as easily. I'm not really sure about hill climbing. But anything that makes the Revo wheelie less will likely improve its hill climbing performance. The extra ground clearance will be nice.

Not it's not the summit tires it is the tire that comes on the new revo's. Thanks for the input and I was really looking for some more ground clearance so I think I will like them. I'm still waiting on them to get to me I ordered them and should have them by tomorrow. I guess if I don't like them I can always go back to the smaller tire. ;)

You're right. I always confuse those 2 tires. The Revo's are not as soft as the Summits. I don't know if Traxxas changed the gearing on the Revo to compensate for the taller tire. But they look great. Dont worry, you'll have fun with them. Its good to have a tall and a shorter tire for different terrains.

I just got the new Badlands 3.8 and mounted them to the Geode wheels. They are taller than my 40 series tires and a little taller than the stock Talons. I like the extra ground clearance i got from them.

They are great basher tires. Soft enough to get ok grip in the cold (winter) and enough cotact patch to last a long time even when the occasional romp on concrete is done.

You may need to gear your spur up a couple or your bell down 1 to compensate. They are a bit heavier and as mentioned, larger.

I run an LRP28 in my revo... I don't have issues with lack of wheelies with those tires. I also run a set on my savage.

Old school savage tires and old school t-maxx chevrons used to be my two favorite tires due to wear and grip on grass. These have replaced both of those. Less sidewall flex in general, wider contact patch, so a better tire all around for a basher.

You can see the comparisons here to yours and others compared to the ones your going to use:
2010-0110-Tires-Maxx33-Talon-HPIGT1-TRX25.jpg

2010-0110-Tires-Maxx33-Talon-HPIGT1-RoadRage-TRX25.jpg

Back