Calling all nitro revo owners I need your assistance

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truggy83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Today my revo with picco .26 just went crazy. I was making a high speed pass back towards my house when the throttle just stuck wide open. I could not make the car brake or slow down. I didn't have time to see if the steering was still working or not. Smash into my house.....hard....very very hard.

Damage report is minimal. One of the screws that mounts the shock onto the progressive #2 plastic piece bent. Replaced the screw and good to go. I noticed the frame is bending upwards in the front. Not sure if it did this before I wrecked it or not. Can anyone with a revo take their body off and look at the blue metal frame part. tell me if yours bends upwards like mine does. if you could get a picture that would be great. Any ideas what would make it go crazy like that. Its like i lost all control. There is a throttle return spring installed and it has a spektrum dx3s rx/tx with fail safe.

Here is what mine looks like after the wreck

Last edited by a moderator:
No frame damage there.
Make sure your throttle return spring works, I've seen alot of people use them with high torque servos only to discover the spring isn't stout enough to do the job.

Man it looks good to me mine looks just like that. I believe you got lucky and thats the reason I don't run mine around objects anymore only in the strip pits by my house I run mine just for that reason. I had a revo 2.5 and it did the same thing and hit my mailbox at about 40 totally destoyed it so now with my revo 3.3 I don't run it at home anymore. LOL.

thanks guys thats great to hear. Things went from bad to worse. The car started shiffting into reverse by itself. It was jerking and I could tell something was wrong. No car won't move at all. Spur gear is ok. I am hearing a clicking noise from the front end when I push the car on the ground. I am afraid to tear this thing apart. My stampede is so basic compared to this thing.

---------- Post added at 5:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:07 PM ----------

also any ideas why it kept jumping into reverse by itself? I didn't think to look if the small servo was moving and throwing it into reverse or if something in the gears got messed up

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure your slipper clutch is good and didn't loosen up and also check to make sure the rod that engages the car into forward and reverse is engaged fully and not in between forward and reverse.

If your revo revs but does not move, you probably stripped a gear or the pins that hold the gears on the shafts. You can easily rule out the slipper being too loose by giving gas and holding the slipper with gloves or hard rubber object (be carefull with this).

Even though the front and rear wheels move appropriately with each other, you can still have stripped gears or busted pins. It can be deceptive.

Removing the tranny and opening it up is pretty easy. I did it for the first time a few months ago. I since have removed and opened it 4 times. I kept busting pins. Let me know if you need help with this.

Turns out the gear that is inside the transmission right behind the transmission that has two sides of was stripped. Also I noticed it stripped the 1st gear slightly and my front differential ring gear is stripped in one spot.

It's always the things you don't see right away LOL. 1st gear was probably half burned up anyway, it's very common on revos and maxxes.

If you don't use reverse much, get rid of it with the FOC kit. Makes for a stronger trans and gets rid of some junk off the chassis and out of the trans. Since you have to tear into it to fix the trans anyway, makes it a good time to do it.

Back