what should i do next?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a revo sitting for several months... i drained the fuel, changed the plug and still wont start... what next?
the truck ran fine before i let it sit... so i dont know what to do

Pull the carb, and take it apart and clean it thoroughly. My Savage needed this after sitting for a while, and it ran fine afterward. Also, did you use any ARO when it was stored? If not, put a little in the glow plug hole and around the orings for the carb so it's not a "dry" start.

turns out the wire to the plug wasn't tight enough... i did get it to start and run but it would only run a few seconds to a min then would stall out... oured fuell all over the tank... guessing the oring on the tank needs replacing but why not stay running... it would run for a while and i had it running good for a few mins even doing wheelies... but when it stalled about the 3rd time it didnt start again

If the oring on tank is shot then you lose compression in the tank that pushes fuel to the carb. May be enough of a seal to idle but will starve of fuel when pressure increases them vents rather then pushing more fuel effectively over leaning.