ez start prob?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo#45

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey has anyone have there nylon one way bearing holder in the ez start slip and go around the bearing.. like the motor has so much compression when its cold that it is easier for the nylon to slip around the bearing than to turn the motor over. Its not hydro-locked ether because i didn't have any fuel in the line.. Any help?

hey has anyone have there nylon one way bearing holder in the ez start slip and go around the bearing.. like the motor has so much compression when its cold that it is easier for the nylon to slip around the bearing than to turn the motor over. Its not hydro-locked ether because i didn't have any fuel in the line.. Any help?

Thats actually quite common. Happened to my revo when i had a Picco max rigged up to the EZ start. I freed it up several times then gave up and put a pull start. I had to hold the race with a vice and used a open end wrench to turn the bearing. If you free it up, look for cracks.

i was asking cuz i was wondering if i made a one way bearing holder out of aluminum i wouldn't have that prob anymore cuz i know form a few probs i have had the ez start motor it doesn't have the power to turn over the motor if its locked up or the one way bearing is seized. I'm wondering if this would be a good idea cuz I'm a basher and i got the r.o.s.s. remote starting system on my truck so weight is not an prob for me..

Mine has started doing this, but hasn't been a problem for me yet

any ideas?

Go ahead and make one out of aluminum. It may just be a good idea. You really don't have much to lose. Just make it to spec.

I went to the machine shop today and it looks like it would be 100 bucks out the door you guys think it would be worth it cuz i would never have to replace another one again or take it apart to mess with it..

I talked to the guy and he said he could bring the price down to 43 a one way bearing holder but I would have to get 6 of them. Would any of you guys be intersted in buying one at 43 bucks?