revo dove into pond NEEDHELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbankman

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
9 tank old revo dove into pond, floated on tires then chocked off. By time I ran to it air filter & carb was filled with dirty water. I poured out what I could and blow it off with air compressor. Then I pulled plug & turned motor over to stroke out water in block. I poured some feul in carb to stroke it though the block to hopefully clean it some. What else should I do? Would WD-40 help it? I don't have after run oil yet. Hobby shop closed.
ANY HELP FROM SOME GEAR HEADS .... please

WD-40 is your best friend in a case like this ( WD = water displacement ) ..;) ...you should check all the electronics to ...make sure they are dry

Electronics are ok. I pulled battery pack out to dry over night. All seems ok. Just worried about motor. What is after run oil? Do I need it if I run truck at least every other day? I love it to much not to hit it some every day. If use oil after running daily is a lot of in/out for the plug. Only tools I have are tool set that came with truck. Where is a good place to look? What sizes are needed? Do Traxxas use generic size wrenches for its line up? I want to set up a nice workbench. Son wants a rustler. Just planning ahead.

no need to do after run after each time if you use the truck often ...and WD-40 is good as after run oil..if i store it for a longer period of time , i use air tool oil ...like WD-40 , it removes moisture

magazine ?? those still exist ?? lol...all i needed was this forum ;) :hehe:...but maybe someone else can help you on that

Your engine will be fine so long as you got water out. The electronics are most likely to damage in this situation. Don't power them on for atleast 48 hours if they got wet. Go to Lowes and get a good set of ball/round tip Allan wrenchs in standard and metric. Nothing crazy or fancy is needed. If you want to spend the extra money then T handle Allan are nice, but more important is getting a good range of sizes with ball ends. The rounded tips let you use them at an angle. Other then that buy tools as you find you need them. Save your money and spend on a good set of RPM A-arms and for spare parts as you may need them. Tools I find I need frequently but you may or may not need:
Needle nose players
Punch set
Small channel locks
Soldering iron
Tweezers
Small side cuts (dykes)

Spares:
Glow plugs
Glow driver
A arms
Air filter foams
Variety of shock oils
After run
Small cans of wd40
Zip ties
Batteries

Just some of the stuff I keep in my tool box for outings. This hobby will take enough of your money, don't be in a hurry to blow it all at once. I love my cars, but my wife and wallet do not. Hope your car turns out fine, traxxass are pretty tough and when they break they are easy to fix.

Back