Revo 3.3 or platinum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theblaze1987

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Can someone tell me the exact spec differences between the revo 3.3 and the platinum. This is going to be my first rc truck, and I plan on doing Alot of upgrading, so I am wondering if I should just go straight to the platinum. I am planning on only bashing around, but like I said I plan on doing Alot of upgrading anyways. So far all I have figured out is the platinum comes with a 150cc fuel tank and forward only conversion. What else are the differences? Is the chassis lighter? Would it be better price wise to buy a 3.3 and buy the upgraded parts? Also can someone tell me exactly what the opti drive is?? From what I gather through reading it's a piece of you know what anyways.

Don't know much about the platinum, but the OptiDrive is used to sense motion in the transmission and keep it from shifting into reverse while it's moving

Drive a stock Revo first. It will get you used to how it runs. Once you get it running then you can upgrade. The only thing that i needed to upgrade was the transmission after I ground the reverse gear to dust.

How come I hear Alot about people burning the reverse gear, what's the issue? Dis you upgrade to steel gears. Foc? How does the center differential work?

Reverse isn't a speed gear, and most of the time it gets abused. I've had mine for about 8 months and it hasn't blown up yet

The Opti-Drive failed on mine. So, because of that, I'm not a fan of reverse on nitro vehicles.

The stock Revo is pretty decent. Try it as is before you go throwing a ton of money at it. The Plat. edition is nice but again for the first rc the stock is bad ass.

I have defiantly screwed up a few rc in my day and that's why I'm telling you this. Don't go upgrading till you get good at them all you will do is cause yourself a lot of headache and money. The revo 3.3 is tough and can take a beating stock if you start upgrading especially the motor you will have problems. Tuning is a art and until you get that down I would suggest leaving it stock. This is just a suggestion. Happy bashing with your new nitro they are a ton of fun but can be a nightmare if your not careful.

The platinum is not worth the money IMO. You can make a regular one better and faster for close to the same money.

Back