truck sitting on a shelf?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I work out of town most of the year and when i left this time i was kind of in a hurry and didnt do anything with my revo... so its sitting on the table right where i left it last time i used it all dirty and out of fuel... I know i was told before to drain the fuel and spray wd40 in the head but i didnt do it... its been sitting for about 3 months now... whats the chance i have done any damage??? i will be back in about a week so what I'm asking is what am i in for? lol

I work out of town most of the year and when i left this time i was kind of in a hurry and didnt do anything with my revo... so its sitting on the table right where i left it last time i used it all dirty and out of fuel... I know i was told before to drain the fuel and spray wd40 in the head but i didnt do it... its been sitting for about 3 months now... whats the chance i have done any damage??? i will be back in about a week so what I'm asking is what am i in for? lol

I wouldn't worry about it, i left mine with fuel in the tank for a year. a few weeks ago i pulled it out, changed the fuel and it started right up.

ya ..not a problem ...one of my revos spent the winter with fuel in the tank and no afterun was done to it ...wen i took it out , i just topped off the fuel and gave it a shot of WD-40 just to get fresh lube in the engine ....it fired right up ;)

If I plan to not use a nitro for awhile I squirt a good bit of after run in the engine and Carb, pull the fuel lines and rinse them out. But a few months shouldn't be a big deal. Just get the stale fuel out and put a few drop of oil in her before running and you'll be fine.

sweet thanks... i seem to remember someone saying something about nitro fuel oxidizing the aluminum parts if it sat too long... i had literally less than 4 hours notice to pack for 4 months and get to the airpport in houston to fly to alaska... it was a last minute "they want you there yesterday" thing

That stuff happens all the time. I wouldnt worry about it. Just tend to it when you get home and you'll be good to go.

I had a friend buy a truck and the guy hadn't emptied the tank the last time he ran it, whenever that was, and it cranked right up with some fresh fuel

jeese alaska I think I woulda kicked myself for not having my toy with me up there.. that would of been a blast you would think... and it is a great way to waste some time when you are in a different spot than home!!! I bet next time she will come with you hugh???

Yea, you go ahead and take a nitro truck through airport security.

Yeah esprcially if you like full cavity searches.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

thats the thing I would. either it will make the flight or sit in a locker and obviously wont be in your carry on.. or you coulda mailed it to yourself. if there is a will there is a way!!!!

I work on a tanker in alaska... can't run it around the ship... i dont think its anywhere near "instringently safe" i think the captain would poop himself and id surly be going home with it.

rc helicopter!!! or boat that would be the ticket!! only on the breaks though.. lol.

Hell i work on the ship and still can't go on the dock without dockside approval... It would be considered a breach of security... Maybe If I mounted a camera on the helecopter I could probably get it shot down by an F16. Thats an idea... anyone want to donate to the cause??? I could video it...LOL