new to the forum just. couple of ?'s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abel_too71

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions about the difference of the revo 3.3 and the revo 2.5. I have to change my spur gear, and I see that there's a lot of after market parts out there. is tranny for the 3.3 the same as the 2.5? I went to.the traxxas web sight to look at the exploded views and all they have is the views for the 3.3. I know that the chasey is 30mm longer but is most of the parts interchangeable? And one more question. Would it be smart to change the plastic spur gear out for a aluminum one? And if I do , would I have to rebuild my tranny with aluminum gears if there's any out there?

dont get an aluminum spur gear. the plastic one acts as a weak link to save other drive train parts.

Thanks, I figured if I put an aluminum spur I would have to change the gears in the tranny but I've searched and can't find any aftermarket aluminum gears. So ill stick with the plastic. Thanks again for your advice.

Most of the the parts are the same, including the transmission. Correct me if I'm wrong please

The case is slightly different on the 3.3 transmission. The 3.3 case has provisions to mount the rear brake assembly.

Thak you for correcting me, I've only ever worked on the 3.3 version.

I know that someone makes steel gears, Robinson Racing or something, but that adds a lot of rotational mass and a lot of weight

Yeah and really lightens the wallet. Those Robinson gear kits can cost around 90 bucks!

thanks

Thanks, everyone. This has been so helpful. I'm sure to use this blog again if I have any more questions or problems. I always thought if I break something I'll replace it with an upgrade. But sometimes an upgrade is not worth it. Maybe one day I'll upgrade to a 3.3 one of these days.

Back