revo 3.3 problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbobbo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i have a revo 3.3 that i've been working on, got it running today but it ran a couple of laps around the driveway just fine then it started reving really high but not moving. it doesn't stall when it's standing still and only does it after it runs for a minute. when it starts reving high and not moving it also starts idleing pretty fast. anyone have an idea? :\

Could be a few things.
1) Slipper is loose and slipping too much, especially once warmed up
2) Clutch shoes are worn and slipping too much, especially once warmed up
3) Flywheel nut is loose
4) OWB inside the trans is dirty/worn out

Take the body off and when it's slipping, look to see what spins vs what doesn't.

If the spur doesn't spin and the CB stands stationary with it, look at the flywheel. If the flywheel is spinning, it's your clutch. If the flywheel is not spinning, the flywheel nut is loose.

If you see your spur spinning and not the nut/shaft that holds the spur, definitely the slipper being too loose.

If your slipper shaft/nut is spinning and it obviously isn't moving forward, look at all the axles (center front/rear, outer front/rear). If none of those are spinning and your spur is, something in the trans has given up on you.

thanks

Thanks the info is most apreciated. going to look at it today :)

yep

it was the slipper, i felt like such an idiot for not seeing that lol.