2.4ghz pairing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken_civic

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, i got all my flysky 2.4 ghz receivers in. the first receiver that came in the box was already paired with that transmitter, i had to pair the rest with it which wasn't too bad after i figured it out.

now with that being said, i am curious here? if i have 2 of the same 2.4ghz transmitters, along with 5 2.4ghz receivers for that model. i have paired them all with one transmitter, if i pair them for another transmitter are they going to work with both? if the transmitters are the same will they reconize both? how does this work. am i only going to be able to use one transmitter? i have 5 rc cars, i bought a extra transmitter incase i ever wanted to lend one out and run them both at the same time. i don't race. if i had some extra aa batteries around i'd throw them in the other transmitter and find out. but i don't so i was just curious if you guys could answer first?

by the way, from using the transmitter so far i am very happy with it. i paid about 50 for the first one with one transmitter shipped to my door cause i didn't get free shipping, but i got a email that i got free shipping and ordered a second with 3 extra receivers.

when everything was said and done, i sold all my cheap duratrax/futaba transmitters and my traxxas 27mhz am recievers and it pretty much paid for the flysky 2.4s with some cash left over.

Last edited:
Each transmitter has a unique signal ID so each receiver can only be paired(called binding) with one transmitter at a time. You can use both transmitters at the same time on different vehicles,you just have to bind a receiver to each one.

Each transmitter has a unique signal ID so each receiver can only be paired(called binding) with one transmitter at a time. You can use both transmitters at the same time on different vehicles,you just have to bind a receiver to each one.

damn, that sucks. i guess i should have only bought one then lol

Some of systems have a model memory, where you can run different vehicles with the same tx. Your best bet is to use a dedicated tx for every vehicle. That way you don't waste a bunch of time re-setting stuff to each vehicle.

Some of systems have a model memory, where you can run different vehicles with the same tx. Your best bet is to use a dedicated tx for every vehicle. That way you don't waste a bunch of time re-setting stuff to each vehicle.

you missed the question... i have 2 2.4ghz tx's. both have 10 model memory. i bought one as a backup,spare incase i had a reason to run 2 vehicles at the same time. i was hoping that i could just set the trims the same on both tx's and basically use both on the same cars, whichever car i pulled out. i didn't know i would have to rebind the rx's to each tx every time i change them. i guess i can just set the trims the same on both tx's and keep a bind plug on hand to rebind if ever needed.

Why would you want to use a different radio if you have two systems for two cars?

I didn't really miss your question either, remember I said this: Your best bet is to use a dedicated tx for every vehicle. That way you don't waste a bunch of time re-setting stuff to each vehicle.

You can't just set the trims the same either, every vehicle will need different trim settings.

I kind of disagree with the idea of using 1 TX/1 car. Most people that I know here are using 1 TX for as many of their cars as possible. I run 7 vehicles on my DX-3s, 2 birds on my DX-6i and 4 Mini-Z or dNanos on their radio. Unfortunately you can only bind 1 TX to 1 RX except for the Traxxas TQ series of 2.4 radios.

Yeah that's right the traxxas will remember all the trim settings too.
That's mainly what I have is 4 traxxas systems and one dx3s, plus an el-cheapo spectrum on the mini lst. It's just easier for me, I grab the radio and go, no fuss.

Why would you want to use a different radio if you have two systems for two cars?

I didn't really miss your question either, remember I said this: Your best bet is to use a dedicated tx for every vehicle. That way you don't waste a bunch of time re-setting stuff to each vehicle.

You can't just set the trims the same either, every vehicle will need different trim settings.

this radio has a 10 trim memory. i can set the trims for 10 vehicles and select which trim settings i want to use before i pair the radio........ so 1 transmitter for 5 rc's is fine. i won't have to reset trims. just choose the number for the trim i want for that car, i'll put numbers on each cars so i know which number on the transmitter those trims are for....

my issue is, i don't wanna have to rebind if i have a friend over and wanna let them barrow a rc, but at the same time i still wanna use one controller for all 5. the only choice i see after being educated in this thread is rebinding for the transmitter. i will prob. select the same trims 1-5 on each tx for the same vehicles so it's always the same. but i will have to rebind if i wanna use the other tx.

I kind of disagree with the idea of using 1 TX/1 car. Most people that I know here are using 1 TX for as many of their cars as possible. I run 7 vehicles on my DX-3s, 2 birds on my DX-6i and 4 Mini-Z or dNanos on their radio. Unfortunately you can only bind 1 TX to 1 RX except for the Traxxas TQ series of 2.4 radios.

i'm a little confused with this statement when you said "you can only bind one tx to 1 rx" i have 5 of the same rx's i bound all 5 rx's to the single tx. i do not have to rebind for each different vehicle i run. i've alredy tested this. my issue was having to rebind if i used the other tx. i'm going to test this theory in a little bit and i'll get back with you guys. i may be able to bind everything i want and use both tx's i haven't tested it yet. but according to everyone here i can't. and there prob. rite.

"edit" i was told in this thread each tx has a specific code. i believe each rx will look for that code when powered on and you can paire several rx's to one tx, but you can't put 2 of those codes in one rx. this makes sense.

another edit to try to make things clearly, i have 2 transmitters that are both 10 model memory. can number my vehicles 1-5 with stickers. on each tx i can pull up the number one and set the trims for my number one vehicle, then pull up the number 2 and set the trims for the number 2 vehicle. and so on. when everything is done, both transmitters will have the same trim settings on each number for that vehicle. however, i'll still have to rebind if i choose to use a different tx. according to what i have been told here. i hope this is clear enough.

Last edited:
You can do that, but every time you run a different TX, you will have to rebind to that TX.

If a friend is going to want to run your rigs often enough so that rebinding becomes an issue, it's time for somebody to get their own rig.

If a friend is going to want to run your rigs often enough so that rebinding becomes an issue, it's time for somebody to get their own rig.

lol, i don't know anyone else around here into rc's, i was just hoping it would be simple.. which it's still not that bad, it was just a question. i don't think anyone else has ever ran my rigs besides me or my brother. it was just theoretically typing. i prob. could have saved money by just buying rx's and not the second tx. but i guess a spare comes in handy.