Something new from Axial

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Axial XR10 Kit

Visit here for more info and photos http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax90017_xr10_motor-on-axle.html

Complete “no-compromise” competition ready kit
  • All new front and rear specific strong durable composite plastic, lightweight axles.
  • Low profile axle housing design for maximum ground clearance.
  • Front steering axle with the ability to rotate (clock) the motor up/down.
  • Rear axle is 16mm narrower than the front axle to squeeze through tight gate layouts.

All New Behind the Axle (BTA) Steering
  • Enclosed steering slide with turnbuckles to adjust toe in and toe out.
  • 8° kingpin angle to decrease scrub radius and allows for tighter turns.
  • Durable composite plastic - strong double shear knuckle arms with replaceable aluminum draw link mount.
  • Splined adjustable c-hubs provide caster adjustments in 15° increments.

Oversized Universals
  • Oversized 12.5mm universals with 4mm and 2.5mm cross pins.
  • Made of hardened steel
  • No backlash like dogbone setups
  • 45° of steering out of the box

Key Features

• 37.9:1 gear ratio using the included 14T pinion. Gearbox allows for use of 12-19T pinions for gear ratios ranging from 44.2:1 through 27.9:1.
  • Dual motors allow you to easily adjust your front and rear gear ratios independently.
  • Compact and lightweight gearboxes keep the motor positioned closer to the axle housing and above the axle centerline for extra clearance.
  • Aluminum chassis plates with durable composite plastic skid plate.
  • Chassis provides multiple upper link adjustment holes for suspension tuning and adjusting anti-squat.
  • Adjustable upper shock mounts included for fine tuning ride height and can be catered to your own personal driving style.
  • Adjustable body mounts provide finite adjustments for different angles and heights.
  • Removable electronics tray for easy maintenance and installation
  • Enclosed receiver box with wire routing guides for cleaner electronic routing/configuration.
  • Multiple ESC mounting plates and configurations
  • Low profile battery mount places the weight of the battery at a lower position in the vehicle to help lower the center of gravity.
  • Oversized rod ends with large 7mm aluminum links and durable composite plastic sleeves (replaceable).
  • Light durable composite plastic upper links also aid in lowering the center of gravity.
  • Full ball bearings (oversized differential bearings)
  • Differentials: locked (spool)

Wheels: New Axial 2.2 Competition Beadlocks
  • Includes CNC orange anodized rings.
  • Compatible with Vanquish patented wheel weight systems (Licensed by Vanquish Products)
  • Minimal beadlock hardware for assembly ease
  • Narrow offset to increase steering response and strength

Suspension: 4-link, double triangulated
  • 72-103mm shocks: includes aluminum bodies and 10mm machined Delrin pistons.

Axial Hardline Body
  • Competition inspired body – design, layout, and size all catered for optimum performance.
  • Meets all U.S.R.C.C.A minimum requirements
  • Dove-tailed front and rear to minimize interference with tires.
  • Rounded roof line and cab forward design to improve roll-over
    recovery.

XR10™ Measurements
  • Wheelbase: 317.5mm (12.5”) Max
  • Front Wheel to Wheel (outside) Width: 260mm (10.20”)
  • Rear Wheel to Wheel (outside) Width: 241mm (9.50”)
  • Height: 5.25”-6.75” (133mm-172mm)
  • Ground Clearance: 1.75”-3.40” (44.5mm-86.5mm)

*Note: The height and ground clearance were measured with Pro-Line Chisels and memory foams with no weight added to the wheels.

Hardline Body Measurements
  • Length: 324mm (12.75”)
  • Width: 134mm (5.25”)
  • Height: 89mm (3.5”)

Required
  • Radio: 2, 3, 4 Channel
  • Servos: 1 (Standard Size)
  • Speed Control: single or dual
  • Motors: Dual 540 sized motors
  • Battery : Compact LiPo, 2/3a, LiFe packs (Maximum size 30mmx25mmx90mm)
  • Tires: 2.2 tires and foams

Option Parts (available soon)
  • Full line of aluminum and carbon fiber hop-ups
  • Wheel Weights *Patent Pending
  • Rear Cutting Brakes *Patent Pending

Part Info
  • AX90017 1/10th Scale XR10™ Motor-on-Axle Competition Rock Crawler

That body is sick.

Hopefully you won't have to pour a couple of Ben Franklin's into this rig to make it truly competitive like the AX10.:hehe:

Last edited:
I'm glad theres only one thread about it on here lol, theres been like 100 on rcc over the past month, I'm already sick of it before it even dropped lol.

BUT I'm glad they finally came out with a MOA. No matter what any one says, MOA's are better.

Last edited:
I love my MOSI.

I will give this one a fondle at the LHS when it comes out.

Too bad proline didnt crank out a new tread for this. Not to say the chisels dont rock, thats what I'm running at the moment it siped to to the nuts chisels but it would have been cool to see something new.

Tires shown are only for the promo pics.

It does not come with any.

Required

* Radio: 2, 3, 4 Channel
* Servos: 1 (Standard Size)
* Speed Control: single or dual
* Motors: Dual 540 sized motors
* Battery : Compact LiPo, 2/3a, LiFe packs (Maximum size 30mmx25mmx90mm)
* Tires: 2.2 tires and foams

Oh I missed that. Still though, would have been cool. I'm guessing they realize theres too many options for great comp tires now to waste time/money on including tread.

At least Axial didn't pull a Kyosho with their "Something Big" Mini-Z track. LMFAO!

Last edited:
Or a losi :hehe: jk.

Would be sweet if they offered the axles for sale by them selves.

It looks pretty cool to me, i've been thinking about getting a comp crawler for a while, maby i should wait a while longer lol.

Or a losi :hehe: jk.

Would be sweet if they offered the axles for sale by them selves.

shouldn't be too hard to find after they start getting chopped and sold on ebay

You'll probably will be able to buy them as an assembly from Axial when the rig drops.

Well when I get my money right I think I see A new MOA in my future, that thing is sick, can't wait to see one in person...

I am not a crawler guy... I am learning slowly, lol

No matter how many times I look at this rig I can't get over how sexy she looks... I know it doesn't equate to a good crawler but on looks alone I am in love :D

I know, so shallow :hehe:

Heath

Plastic housings = fail

How can you say that ? The truck is not even out yet. You are the Crawler Guru so you would know. I will take plastic over metal or aluminum any day.

I'm not worried about the housings at all personally, if it was a serious weak point, they would have already done something about them before releasing it, like in delrin or something. Thats actually the only thing I want from one, is the axles.

I have been getting the itch for speed so I was hoping for something fast but it does look like a sweet crawler with a lot of great features....I like the idea with the rear cutting brakes!

Last edited:
I like the plastic housings. They will slip over the rocks easier than aluminum. I don't see durability being an issue. Axial knows what they are doing.

I bet there will be a lot of berg and bully axles going to feebay soon at rock bottom prices.

I'm not worried about the housings at all personally, if it was a serious weak point, they would have already done something about them before releasing it, like in delrin or something. Thats actually the only thing I want from one, is the axles.
I think the double shear knuckles is pretty slick. IMO

I have been getting the itch for speed so I was hoping for something fast but it does look like a sweet crawler with a lot of great features....I like the idea with the rear cutting brakes!
Cutting brakes are going to open a hole new can of worms on the comp seen. Back in 05' I tried it on my TLT-1 comp rig with a hacksaw chassis but could never get it perfect. It is gonna be spiffy to have C.B.s

I bet there will be a lot of berg and bully axles going to feebay soon at rock bottom prices.

Agreed, I liked my MOAsi but could not get use to the worm gears. The MOAsi didn't sound like a trash can being thrown off the side of a cliff like Bergs and Bullys do bang,clank,clunk,ping.:hehe:

Last edited:
I want one. LOL

Back