5.9 factory settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunga

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I put a 5.9 in my savage 25 and I have messed with tuning so much I'm lost It won't start unless I set idle speed up.If not it dies immediately.i been running it but it runs about 250-60 f i trie4d the tuning chart but can't get it to start with the idle set at !mm

put the low and mid-range needles to flush, set the high speed needle so its flush with the line under the adjuster cap. Then back your idle off so that the carb closes fully by itself. Start all over with just the high speed needle till you've burn't a gallon ( the flush setting is very rich for factory breakin and may have to be leaned an 1/8th of a turn or so to start). You'll wanna set you idle prior to anything to about the thickness of a credit card. Should get you going fine, 90% of people don't ever mess with the low-speed needle and 99% never touch the mid-range.

what is ideally operating temp?

Umm just a quick question i really need help lol
K i just trade my Matrix CEN buggy for a xl, the guy i traded it off didnt tune like at all, so when i start it up i can get a good idle not hot but i can't take off fast, its slow and kinda studders, so what can i do to fix that i want it to be fast off the start but low temp without all the complication, and i have a 1200 battery in the receiver and I'm pretty sure after about a hour on it died, what can i get to make the reciveer last longer, and also my dad has a savage x and we run on the same frequinces so what can i do so we dont, i have another reciever and some chip things lol for it, what would i need

put your xl back to factory settings and start the process of tuning over starting with hsn. alot of times guys won't touch the other two until they become more familiar with their mill.
you'll have to buy a different frequency crystal set to bash with your dad.

If you dad has an x why don't you get him to re-tune your xl?

ya i put the low and middle back, but i can't tell factory from the high because it has like a little black cap on it so i dont know what flush it lol, and you need on the same in the reciever and controller right, cause i think i might have them

And because he says he knows what hes doing, but we were out yesterday for about 45 mins and he could do it, so i just set the low and middle back to factory and it was runnning kinda ok, but i dont know what factory is for the high end, cause like its really slow off the start

Its just totally making me mad now, cause it had a traxxes reciever in it, and i put the savage one back in, but the truck wont run very well it running high, and i want to put the high end needle back to factory but i can't tell where that it because it can't go flush cause theres a plastic piece on it, and for some reason it keeps wanting to take off, the throttle needle keeps kinda jumping to make it wanna go so I'm totally lost

Set the trim knob on your radio to ZERO...ALL the way off.
Don't start the engine, just turn on the Tx and Rx. With the air cleaner off, look into the carb, and with the brake trigger full on, adjust the slide opening to about 2mm. Replace the air cleaner.
Start the engine and let it warm up while driving it in circles. Now, turn the LSN clockwise about 1/8 of a turn, to lean it. You might have to back the idle off slightly at the same time, till you get a good idle speed that does not engage or chatter the clutch shoes.
Try full throttle from a dead stop. If it still bogs, lean it 1/16 more, and drive it around till it 'settles in'.
Once the idle and take off are good, run it at WOT. If it bogs as it gets up to speed, lean the HSN. Keep a good trail of blue smoke and keep an eye on the engine temps.

ok ill try that, but that doesn't help as the needle keeps trying to jump open and close so ill try that and if it doesn't work ill send it to a shop

I was having the same problems messed around with the needles until I messed it up so bad it wouldn't start now I got it running I let it idle for like 5 min and the temp is 230 so I drive it for abit then check the temp again and it's at 300 so I richen it up a touch then I give it like half throttle it's dies I can't figure it out the only time it runs good the temp is like 300. how many turns do you guys have on all your needles?