Project Thumper (aka Four Stroke Maxx)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deaconblue23

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I finally have all the parts ordered for my OS FS-26 Surpass to be mounted in my maxx. I will post a list and get pictures up as soon as all the parts come in and I can get started working on it. It might be a slow process as I have started working at least 6 days a week at work. Good for the wallet, but bad for the back! :\ Please stay tuned for further updates!!!

Parts List:
OS FS-26 Surpass 4 Stroke car engine
New Era TM500 Clutch Nut and Spacer Kit
MIP Heavy Steel Flywheel for T-maxx
Proline Runtime Fuel Tank
RR Steel 18T CB and 48T Spur Gears
T-Maxx Torque Control Slipper upgrade kit (Revo Style)
MIP Clutch Kit for T-Maxx
New Era Cone Adapter for T-maxx
Slider Engine Mount For T-Maxx

And of course my very T-Maxx Basher!!

Last edited:
All parts are in, except I could not get the engine mount.:angry: Anyways I went ahead and got a whole new extended chassis!!! Will hopefully post pics of new parts tomorrow. I have been putting in lots of hours at work lately(50+). So we will wait and see what tomorrow brings!!!:D

hurry up with the pics! lol. should be a cool build.

I finally have a few pictures!!!!:D Still waiting on the new chassis, once it is here I will have to commence with the build pictures!!!

Attachments

• PICT0056.jpg
    PICT0056.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 214
  • PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 185
  • PICT0058.jpg
    PICT0058.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 183
  • PICT0059.jpg
    PICT0059.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 188
More pictures!!!!

Attachments

• PICT0060.jpg
    PICT0060.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 181
  • PICT0061.jpg
    PICT0061.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 185
  • PICT0062.jpg
    PICT0062.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 180
A new build that has my attention.....I am curious how well that engine does. I have seen a lot of aircraft 4 stroke engines but not in a vehicle. I really want to see this thing go.

Well I just finished up installing the flywheel and clutch bell assembly. The real big hold up right now is waiting on the chassis. Here is the one I got
T-Maxx-All-Aluminum-MEGA-Chassis-KIT

I know the shipping was outrageous but the chassis only went for $9.99 so $40 for the chassis was a pretty good deal!:D

No it runs on standard 2 stroke nitro methane. Here is a link to the engine LINKY This is the newer version mine has the older style carb.

so theres not a ls and hs needle, just one?

I'm just curious, but what are the advantages of a four stroke over a two stroke. I'm not trying to be smart, I'm just wondering.

Yep just one needle. There is also a screw for idle adjustment. As far as advantages go; LOTS more torque, better fuel economy, HOLDS a tune much better. The engine is only rated at 0.5 bhp, and only turns 25k rpms. But what it lacks in hp makes up for in torque. That is why the gearing is so tall.

Slipper conversion has been finished. And now for the good news. According to USPS my chassis should be here today!!!:D Now for the pictures!!!!

Attachments

• PICT00574.jpg
    PICT00574.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 183
  • PICT00584.jpg
    PICT00584.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 203
  • PICT00594.jpg
    PICT00594.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 179
  • PICT00644.jpg
    PICT00644.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Nice!! Can't wait to see this baby run...

I can always find aircraft engines in my part of town but never truck parts..

Working on it right now, taking a break trying to figure out the motor mounts. I am going to have to raise the engine up from the chassis to utilize my CB spur gear combo. The new chassis is great though!!!!!
:D

I was thinking about some sort of standoff or something to do the raising of the engine. I do think a trip to the local hardware store is in order. If I do something along those lines I will definitely have to get new bolts for the motor mounts nothing to major I guess!

Last edited:
I can't say for sure, but that chassis looks like an American CNC chassis. They made some really good basher parts. Thick and heavy, but pretty durable. For $40, that's a steal! Too bad you didn't find the ACNC bulks to match. Beefy son-of-a-guns.

The sound of the 4-stroke is what really gets your attention. Completely different animal to what we are used to hearing.