1949 Studebaker Truck Project update...Pics!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatblack

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So the Studebaker Truck Project is moving right along. Almost all of the body work is done. The Coy C5 20's and 18's are mounted and BARELY fitting! But they look nice tucked! The seats were picked up and ready for upholestry. They're a 60/40 from an S-10. The top part of the headrest will be removed when finished. Glass was put in since the pics were taken. The bumper from a mid-90's chevy truck has been trimmed, shaved and smoothed for the front. Just needs to be sprayed and installed. Hood has been repainted after a rub-through. I'd say she's about 75% done and looking MEAN! It's gonna a have a pretty wicked stance once it's on the ground and settled in!

And for those of you that are wondering, the color is a GM Stealth Grey. The white balance on the camera is off a bit, but shows the color change effect the paint has in different light. Sometimes it's blue, sometimes green, sometimes grey!

3408273271_08fd21cdfa_o.jpg

3409082084_5c3a8b4a09_o.jpg

3408273255_9a0c4816e0_o.jpg

Looks good.

How long has this project been going on now?

That is sweet. Always liked those trucks.

Do you need a motor for that?
I've got something that should get that thing moving along nicely.

Nice lookin' truck !:thumbup: Love the Street Rodders sign on the wall in the backround !:D

I love that truck! Those wheels look awesome aswell.

I'm also in the middle of a project on a car, we are restoring a classic Fiat 500. I might (if anyone is interested) post a thread about it being restored.

Right now, this is being built as a tow truck for our 33 Ford Coupe/daily driver. The motor is a 355 Chevy SB with 650 4 barrel carb. Nothing too flashy about it yet. We just got done redoing the motor in the '33 and the '55 so we're gonna get this one up and running and figure out what to do with the motor after. I'm thinking 392 Hemi! With a manual 4 speed, you better hold on!

The truck has been being built since January. Bought it from a guy who lost interest and gave us a GREAT deal on a nearly complete truck. We pulled all the panels and bed off of it. The motor was fresh. We went over the frame and it all looked super solid. Did the body work, ordered some random window, door, and interior pieces. Got the wheels/tires in. Then we began the body. All was in good shape. The hood needed a bit of work. Also took awhile to figure out the front bumper situation. We figured out that the mid-90's chevy bumper fit almost PERFECTLY on the front! Even the middle bend is the same angle!

Just need to get the exhaust routed, interior done, and bumper and hood mounted.

Last edited:
very nice work bro, looks awesome so far, can't wait to see more!

Yup, it'll take awhile to get around to it though. Need to see how the trusty SBC does for awhile!

I also like the idea of a big displacement small block or a mean 383. Who knows.

Back