modded zip zap monster trucks.pic inside.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grrlracer

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey anyone into the really micro rc cars?
i was first hooked on these lil things and now have about 50 of them!

Here in this pic i have modded my 2 zip zap monster trucks... tell me what you think :)

Attachments

• zipzap monster trucks.JPG
    zipzap monster trucks.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 236
Hey Girl

That's a cute couple of tiny terrors you have there, and you have how many!!! :whhooo:

You are a glutten for punishment, how do you keep track (no pun intended) of them all.

Enjoy the all the same..

BTW. Do you name each one of them

Here's to the next 50+ mini monsters

Regards

hopper2

They need woodgrain sides and a couple surfboards in the beds. Gives them that The Endless Summer feel. They are definitely cool.

They need woodgrain sides and a couple surfboards in the beds. Gives them that The Endless Summer feel. They are definitely cool.

omg i was thinking of adding the surfboards! .. you read my mind!

Hey Girl

That's a cute couple of tiny terrors you have there, and you have how many!!! :whhooo:

You are a glutten for punishment, how do you keep track (no pun intended) of them all.

Enjoy the all the same..

BTW. Do you name each one of them

Here's to the next 50+ mini monsters

hopper2

sorry i worded that wrong what i meant was that i have about 50 micros not all monster trucks... i don't name them all as my memory is not that great to remember all the names..

i'll get them all out one day and show you a picture (don't take that the wrong way) :hehe:

Last edited:
omg i was thinking of adding the surfboards! .. you read my mind!

sorry i worded that wrong what i meant was that i have about 50 micros not all monster trucks... i don't name them all as my memory is not that great to remember all the names..

i'll get them all out one day and show you a picture (don't take that the wrong way) :hehe:

No wrong way taken ;) :hehe:

Enjoy the micro's, they look like a whole lot of fun.

hopper2

I didn't realize you could get a MT as a zipzap. Did you buy them online or at a store locally? I wouldn't mind another little something for those rainy days... to chase the cat around with. How do the MT's do on short carpet? My micro-t gets around pretty good.

Last edited:
I didn't realize you could get a MT as a zipzap. Did you buy them online or at a store locally? I wouldn't mind another little something for those rainy days... to chase the cat around with. How do the MT's do on short carpet? My micro-t gets around pretty good.

i bought them in America about 2 years ago in radioshack i think it was... i have only ever driven them on wood cuz i only have wood floors..these are also alot smaller then a micro t i would say and wouldnt be no way near as fast but i also bought the 3 motor upgrade and added the fastest motor so the're pretty nippy and have alot of torque.. i use my scalextric ramps with them lol

Plus they have front lights and rear brake lights... and you can also fit any zip zap body shell on them aswell....
before i put these vw bodies on them i had starsky and hutch body on one of them..looked pretty cool :)

and i won some zip zaps on ebay,i got the rare vw bettle Herbie car i was after... :thumbup:

P.S. just realized you are from England too. unfortunatly i doubt we'll ever see these for sale here ..all they have here are the cheap 5 quid micros which are rubbish compared to these... i would look on ebay if i were you and find a seller that ships to the UK..Luckily for me i have friends in the US so if a seller only ships in their country i have it sent there..

Last edited:
i used to have zip zaps too. i remember running them on carpet and when i little piece of metal or something like staple of something of that sort, they would go out of alignment real quick lol. i ended up putting micro t motors in them and they flew. but those trannys didnt last long lol

good collection you go there. keep it up

I have a zip zap. Its one of the ones with lights and it has an Audi TT body. I used to mess around with it a lot, but hair got in the front wheels and slowed it down way too much.

Oh those are adorable!

I like the micros, haven't bought any yet, but last time I was at the hobby shop was thinking they'd be great to drive here at home in the parking lot and side walk.

Do you like how they run or are they more just for show as a collection?

They run really well ... and are very easy to control ..

Do you know which ones you were thinking of getting?

i would go for zip zaps or bit char g's ...

whats good about them also is they can be fully upgraded from the wheels,tyres,gears,motors,bodies etc..

Last edited:
Where do you buy them now? I looked on Radioshack's website and theres only like one of them for 10 bucks.

Where do you buy them now? I looked on Radioshack's website and theres only like one of them for 10 bucks.

my recent ones i had to buy off ebay.

added the surf boards

Attachments

• pimpin1.JPG
    pimpin1.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 150
  • pimpin2.JPG
    pimpin2.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Back