HPI Savage XL chassis conversion kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well it was bound to happen, ever since HPI announced it’s release of the HPI Savage XL and now HPI has done it - released an HPI Savage XL chassis conversion kit. Now HPI Savage owners can upgrade their trucks using the same chassis found on the new Savage XL...

Click to continue

maybe I am a little slow, but isn't that kind of like shooting yourself in the foot. Coming out with a new truck and a week later selling a conversion kit to make your old savage look like the new one. and as far as the engine, upgrading to a picco or .32 would be easy. Now my question is, will they sell more conversion kits for 90.00 or the whole kit and kabootle for 580.00?
just my 2 cents

Mike

but for the guys already have a savage.. it'd be more convenient spending only $90

So I suppose every other part on the savage XL is the same as the older savages??

It is called "crap on a Stick", That is a spouse term. I was first to get an e-savage, Showed it to my buddy and he went out and bought a nitro truck. it was a redcat volcano or something to that effect. So I bought a couple planes. he bought a Harley. now there is where it should have stopped because I can't afford a Harley. anyway, He was over here and seen a mag of mine and went out and bought the duratrax warhead. nice for racing but he is not a racer just a basher. So now he has one uped me on the rc front. because he has a bigger truck, so I bought a Savage 4.6, I got him now. my point I had to make with that entire rant was, if I bought a piece of crap on a stick, my buddy will buy a bigger piece of crap on a stick. because the 5.9 is a bigger engine and the thing has a 3Sp. and a few other upgrades, it is new so therefore it is a better piece of "crap on a stick"
pssst. Don't tell my wife.

Mike

Hpi knows this and will sell a bunch of them and they and we know they have the best RC trucks in the world.

Last edited:
Back