FastEddys RC Stand

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I have gotten several requests to post pics and parts that I used to make my RC Stand. I have had this unit for 4-5 years now and its still going strong.

IMG_15151.jpg

Everything was purchased at my local hardware store. I'm sure you can come up with something if you spend some hands on time in the plumbing / sprinkler department.

Most of the parts were used trying to get from one size to another. The parts you can get may be different then what I had available at the time. So have at it.

I started with a heavy base. I wanted something that would be stable and not be tipping over. The base is a 6" metal flange of some sort with a 2" threaded hole. I found what parts I could to get me to 3/4" female so I could use different length PVC posts to adjust the height and so it would swivel.

IMG_15101.jpg

IMG_15111.jpg

For the top, I used a metal plate I found at the hardware store. Measure your RC on the bottom so you dont make the plate to big. You want the chassis to sit on the plate and suspension and wheels to hang off. Make it great to dry run your RC on the bench.

I used a smaller metal flange and an adapter to get it down to 3/4" so the post would fit. Dont screw the top plate on or it will interfere with the chassis sitting flat. I had a friend spot weld the flange to the plate for me. I'm sure that JB weld would be just fine.

IMG_1512.jpg

On the top of the plate, I used some spray glue to hold some toolbox liner on and trimmed it to size.

IMG_1516.jpg

ntc314.jpg

I made my stand out of PVC pipe. I went down to my hardware store and measured up some pieces and well ah.

dum da dum da dum

Last edited:
the name fits LOL

whoops brainfart

I can't beleive I missed this one the first time. Ed that is very cool, and very creative, I might add. Nice work.

Tom