r/c antenna positioning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susman

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a revo 2.5 and need to know if it is ok to cut the antenna sleeve just below the body roof and coil the antenna up around it. Therefore eliminating the antenna and antenna sleeve from ripping off when a roof skid is accidently performed. Will this effect the range, if so a lot or un-noticible.
Thank you

you can run the antena out the back window and it wont get ripped off in a shiney side slide. :banana:

like this
DSC02061.gif

DSC01908.gif

Honestly I just put a Spektrum in, I love it, and it is much shorter than stock, plus I never worry about crystals anymore!

i just wrapped my antenna around my tube and wraped it in electrical tape i think it looks much nicer then just the plain tube and it wont get ripped off!

Honestly I just put a Spektrum in, I love it, and it is much shorter than stock, plus I never worry about crystals anymore!

Whats a Spektrum?

i just wrapped my antenna around my tube and wraped it in electrical tape i think it looks much nicer then just the plain tube and it wont get ripped off!

If you crash your vehicle enough, trust me the body will crack at the antenna hole. Thats the problem i'm experiencing.

Do what beason said, put the antenna out the back. That eliminates all problems

Spektrum uses 2.4ghz (like a cordless phone) instead of xtals. The antenna is less then half the length of a xtal radio antenna

If you crash your vehicle enough, trust me the body will crack at the antenna hole. Thats the problem i'm experiencing.

sounds like you need a thicker body, check into a proline or something. they are WAY thicker then the stocker and wont crack as easily. I've beat the crap out of prolines and never had them crack that the antenna hole. but running it out the back like pictured above helps alot to. :breakdown

Whats a Spektrum?

Yes, it is a 2.4 system, nice thing is you don't need matched crytals, it search automatically for a onpn freq, and whalla!!!! off you go.

Back