revo roll-cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx_lover

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is there a roll cage for a revo? if there is were can i buy one?

RC-solutions.com

PM ScottM here on the forum. He is a forum sponsor for RC-Solutions. Top notch stuff man.

Last edited:
Don't mess the rest, go with the best. I second the RC Solutions roll cage.

There is a nice one from RC-Raven
Comes in different colors and I went with silver.
Spend less than 30 dollars on it, but have not "tested" it.
REVOME

kk thanks revome i think i will order one from there.

Thanks V. I'm going to pick one of those up today. What color did you get? THe chrome looks more like grey on the website. Did it add much weight to your ride?

They use real chrome, but I got the candy blue. With the inserts on the back it looks really cool on my Revo. It adds a bit but I'm still getting good air when I jumping.

I have tried tehm all....the cheap ones are ....well cheap

So Plus one for the RC Solutions cages....simply the best.

Be careful of the hard Bodyz.....I have one that just wen t back to them yesterday....very poor welding techniques....

Hard Body'z makes a cool looking cage that fits the Revo 3.3. You can check them out at http://www.hbzusa.com

Looks are the last consideration for a Roll Cage......watch the welds....they are replaceing mine as it snapped ten minutes after I started to run with it.

:2cents:

Man I wish I could get the RC Solutions cage but I just can't bring myself to spend that much. Anyone have a used one that they want to get rid of?

TalonOne, I'm surprised to here that because I've had mine since last year and its held up pretty well. It's a little bent up here and there but overall its done its job. My buddy has an RC Solutions cage on his nitro rustler and the damage of the two cages are about the same; scraped, bent, and a little beat up.

You say the welds snapped. Having done a lot of welding myself, there are many variables to welding. Unfortunately, it sounds like you got one where the welds may have been cold and didn't get enough penetration.

With welding it can happen. And I think that's why Hard Body'z says in their warranty (right from their website): "All cages are made of steel and carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defect, and breakage." So, if the welds break you get another one.

I just think the Hard Body'z cages look bad ass compared to the others out there. The Solutions cage, to me, looks like one of those wooden dinosaur skeleton model things and the others just look functional. And having looked at the welds on my cage, they look pretty decent. No cracks yet, but I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
TalonOne, I'm surprised to here that because I've had mine since last year and its held up pretty well. It's a little bent up here and there but overall its done its job. My buddy has an RC Solutions cage on his nitro rustler and the damage of the two cages are about the same; scraped, bent, and a little beat up.

You say the welds snapped. Having done a lot of welding myself, there are many variables to welding. Unfortunately, it sounds like you got one where the welds may have been cold and didn't get enough penetration.

With welding it can happen. And I think that's why Hard Body'z says in their warranty (right from their website): "All cages are made of steel and carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defect, and breakage." So, if the welds break you get another one.

I just think the Hard Body'z cages look bad ass compared to the others out there. The Solutions cage, to me, looks like one of those wooden dinosaur skeleton model things and the others just look functional. And having looked at the welds on my cage, they look pretty decent. No cracks yet, but I'll keep trying.

Oh I agree with the look..that is why I grabbed one....and they ARE replacing it under warrenty.......just seems the quality contriol needs some work.....

I also do like thier mounting solutin ...easy on and easy off...

Talon over