Got the Revo wet..HELP.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got it wet and things aren't working Duh.

Thought it was the starter but banged on it a few times and it is working fine.

Now the radio isn't talking to the truck. And the truck won't roll forward or backwards but a few inches... like its stuck in gear or something.

Where do I start?

Do I need to dissasemble the truck? Or is there a good way to test the electrical devices?

I have a good grasp on the mechanics but not electrical.

Darren

If you got it wet, the electrical is probably the more important thing to focus on. You'll have to give it a thorough check. That means making sure the batteries are ok. Pulling the receiver and servos and draining any water out and drying them. Also, you'll have to make sure there's no water in the tranny. If you even think you might have gotten some water in the fuel or engine you'll have to drain the fuel and dry the engine. And check all the starter assembly.

Bottom line? Getting the truck soaked means cleanup.

If you got it wet, the electrical is probably the more important thing to focus on. You'll have to give it a thorough check. That means making sure the batteries are ok. Pulling the receiver and servos and draining any water out and drying them. Also, you'll have to make sure there's no water in the tranny. If you even think you might have gotten some water in the fuel or engine you'll have to drain the fuel and dry the engine. And check all the starter assembly.

Bottom line? Getting the truck soaked means cleanup.

I agree. I would use an air compressor and blow everything out the best you can. I then would take a heat gun(low heat) or a blowdryer to your reciever and servo's. This worked well for me. In the future I would wrap all of oyur electrical (servo's..etc) in balloons or plastidip!

Thanks guys. I left a dryer on it all night and things are starting to move and make noises. I guess this is a good thing.

I just knew that I had ruined all the electrical...keeping the fingers crossed.

You left a dryer on it all night. O wow. Your lucky the freakin plastic didnt melt lol. If things still arnt moving you might have to buy new electronics.

Bryson

You left a dryer on it all night. O wow. Your lucky the freakin plastic didnt melt lol. If things still arnt moving you might have to buy new electronics.

Bryson

It was a fan..not a dryer...

Back