Rocker installation gone south ... :o(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoME

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Folks,

while changing the springs due to the added weight with aluminum parts in my oh so nice REVO I decided to change over to the 120 rockers as well.
That was until I hit the left rear Rocker which would not seperate itself from the bolt that goes into the chassis. Now I have a totally stripped 3mm hex with a bent out of shape 8mm (Traxxastool):hammer: and a halfassed changed REVO :stick: :yes: (120 F and 90's rear). I did manage to get the springs changed in all shocks and the truck is reassembled, ready to run...
Noticing that my REVO will still touch the ground upfront while staying somewhat above in the rear, I wonder what I can do to limit travel?

2 questions come to mind:

1. I will need the Bolt that goes into the rear chassis holding the rocker in place with the bearings Traxxas Part# 5354, and,
2. I will need the short screw that secures the whole rocker onto the bolt Traxxas Part # 3938.

Fasteddy (not Fastfredy!) will probably have the complete stainless steel screwset available, but what do I do about this bolt? I assume this is not available other than going to traxxas? I need some experienced REVO guys here... :eek:))) :worship:

Thanks!
REVOME

Last edited:
Problem solved.

You should add a nice set of Integy, THS, Losi or otherwise drivers to your next order. I tell ya what, I hated as much as I loved working on my trucks in past only because I knew it meant dealing with those crap allen wrenches. I bought a set of Dynamite a few yrs ago, and it made world of difference. Those disappeared and my g/f bought me integy ti-ni drivers. They have yet to show any signs of wear, or let me down... and I've used them quite a bit.

Btw - #5354 is stock steel rocker posts. 5354X is the 'upgrade' aluminum posts if you want to stick with the trend on your truck.

Mike

I'll consider that, next time I'm looking...
Traxxas Tools didn't really work... But the Screws where no better.
Thanks Mike!
REVOME

How was it solved? Did you just dremel a slot the head of the bolt and use a standard (flat) screwdriver? That would be the easiest to do. Especially since the bolt head is exposed and not recessed.

I had the same problem when i was taking off my rockers they would come off but they would come off with the rocker post and i just took a allen wrench and 8mm traxxas wrench and turned them the oppisite of each other until i broke the locktite they had put way too much locktite on the little button-head screw that holds the rocker to the rocker post and they came out just fine

You might also want to check out the Lunsford Racing Titanium pivots. I just put a set in my Revo and they have done away with the screw and replaced it with a lock-nut.

Back