does the spur gear and clutch bell get any lubrication

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titand

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just wondering if the spur gear and clutch bell get any lubrication. I'm using a Robinson Racing combo kit 40 tooth and 16 tooth. Ran it on Sunday and the teeth look almost black now. Probably nothing, just curious.

nope! no lube the black should be ok as long as the gears are meshing ok!

thanks

thought so. the black clutch bell is more likely causing the spur gear to turn color. Thought maybe it was running too hot or something.

i would think its the heat more then the black clutch bell.

only because if it was the clutch bell it(the clutch bell) would have to become shiny

anywho random post

i set it up using the engine adjustment screws so there was no great amount of play (very very little if any) Spur gear and clutch bell are seated properly. Did the paper test. Was able to pull out without tearing so i dont think its too tight.

It sounds fine i was just thinking off the topof my head and no matter how you set your mesh there will be heat

but everything sounds fine

I always lube mine. Especially with metal to metal. I either use light oil or a wax based lube. Typically white lightning.

I never did lube mine. The one time I did, the dirt stuck to it like crazy, so I figured it was easier to replace a worn out plastic spur gear than lube it. I did not run metal spurs though. Need a weak link.

wonder if that ice lube stuff eddy has would work here... it supposed to be a dry lube right? no dirt sticking.:thumbup: i doubt you will see any performance gain though. and when i kill a spur its deff not from heat from the cb rubbing on it... :no_commen

I've done it a couple of time to my mini. I use Tri/Flow teflon. It works well and keeps the noise down.

Bryson

Back