1st day running and the wheel fell off!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elusifer

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everyone. Just broke in my spanky new Revo 3.3 today and was doing some high speed runs while tuning and the rear left wheel fell off. Yep, fell the #*$& off!! The Lug nut holding it on must have been loose out of the box. The wheel falling off caused me to lose control which then caused a major end over end whipe out. It was cool as hell but made me cringe. The crash didnt do any serious damage but it did cave in the rear corners on the brand new body which I planned on ebaying. I also had to spend about an hour searching for the lug nut in the grass. The Revo friggen flys man!!! Love it!!

First crash of many more to come.

Bryson

Shhh...happens :eek:)
The OM says to check them after each running hour (approximate break-in time) I tightened mine after 1.4 hours and the left ones were as promised somewhat "loose". Ever after that they never came loose anymore...
Same goes for Enginemounts, so I made it a habbit to check em after each run, just as a completion of regular maintenance.

oo that stinks that your day got cut short but you better get used to it unless you put some lock tight (blue) on them I'm using it and love it haven't ever lost a wheel nut but came close before the lock tight. and hope you have fun with your new Revo!!:cheers:

Was doing some serious speed runs and jumps. After 2 hours of heavy running , brought it in. RR lug nut was slightly loose. LR lug nut was almost off. Lucky break on that one. LOL from now on, LOCTITE!!!

I saw some aluminum wheel nuts on ebay. Anyone have aluminums nuts on their revo? I also want to go with a lighter set of wheels that are somewhat cheap. Any recommendations?

Back