progressive 2 rockers and a very tight screw

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titand

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm changing out the suspension arms. First time doing this and i thought i needed to take the rockers off. The main screw that fastens to the frame came out hard and right now is impossible to put back in. Not stripped and I'm not using locktite. the small screw at the top of the rocker came out after trying to back out the main rocker screw which has a nut at the bottom. I tried using larger hex wrenches to tighten it, but its just stuck! Now i know i didnt need to even remove the rocker to change arms...sorta screwed myself on this one..any help out there..I'm up on computer with truck pulled apart in garage looking for suggestions at the moment.

hmm.. wow only thang could think of is using a dremel tool and cutting away the screw head a little for vice grips so instead of the head looking like this (0) make it look like this [0] then try vice grips you may have messed up the threads on the rocker post(the thing the the screw screws into) also so you may new now rocker post.. and if that doesint work do what i feel like doing o my revo..:marshall: :hammer:

thanks, got it already

Traxxas must have used a bucket of locktite on it, eventually it gave, but had to break out my heavy tools to get it done. The flimsy allen wrench and those aluminum wrenches suck.
Thanks for the reply though.
Since then, I've replaced rocker posts with the titanium ones and got the better springs and shocks. Old hand at working on this thing now and its only been 3 weeks since I've owned it.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a decent set of hex wrenches and drivers. You'll save yourself in the long run. Also, if you ever have trouble with screws that were put in with loctite, use a lighter to heat up the screw, it will melt the loctite and should make it easier to come out.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a decent set of hex wrenches and drivers. You'll save yourself in the long run. Also, if you ever have trouble with screws that were put in with loctite, use a lighter to heat up the screw, it will melt the loctite and should make it easier to come out.

IMO the Losi ones work great on the Revo. and the I also will reach for my Ofna set. Pretty strong.Changing out the Rockers are a PITA since they are set in their pretty strong.

I have the Ofna 1/4 drive in SAE and Metric and a little black & decker 3.6v cordless. It's da bomb!