HELP!! with glowplug 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Newbie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am trying to change my glow plug and can't get it out i unpluged the blue wire from top of the plug but the little tool they gave me in the rtr kit will not reach down in the head far enoough to get it out??? Also I tried to put the blue wire back on the old plug and can't get it to go on any help would be great.

Thanks

You need to invest in a glow plug wrench.

There should be a tool that allows you to pull the plug. I will have to get back to my house and let you know after that.
This is the tool you want to use..
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDDW4&P=FR
This is the pic..
trap3980.jpg

Last edited:
ok thanks jon got the plug out put the new one in used a pair off needle nose plier to put the blue wire back and it still won't start any ideas? last time I had it out it ran great cleaned it used after run and put it on the shelf like normal

Thanks

You sure the EZ start battery is good?

Did you damage the blue wire? Best way to check is to plug the plug out attach the blue wire and "start it". If the glow plug glows than you are ok.

let me know

Most people have problems with the stock blue wire going to the glow plug. I replaced mine with a sturdier after-market version. Most of what I've heard on the board from other members is to just remove that and use a glow plug igniter. Hope this helps.

Most people have problems with the stock blue wire going to the glow plug. I replaced mine with a sturdier after-market version. Most of what I've heard on the board from other members is to just remove that and use a glow plug igniter. Hope this helps.

That is how I run my Revo's

Are both green lights lighting up when you try to start it? The first thing I had problems with was the hand held wand..The connectors got pushed up too far and wouldn't make contact. The blue wire was the second thing I removed from the Revo.

Ok got it working thinks the ez start battery was low but the plug needed to be changed anyways it was my 1st plug that i broke it in with. How do I remove the blue wire and if I do how would I start the Revo without the EZ start remember I am new this is my 1st nitro.

Thanks

Ok got it working thinks the ez start battery was low but the plug needed to be changed anyways it was my 1st plug that i broke it in with. How do I remove the blue wire and if I do how would I start the Revo without the EZ start remember I am new this is my 1st nitro.

Thanks

I used a pair of angled needle nose pliers to remove the wire. Then I removed the whole thing altogether.

Thanks

you would start it the same way but you would just use this:http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFBH8&P=0
(or one like it) instead of the plug wire and if your sure you wont use the wire again i believe its ok just to snip the blue plug wire

EDIT:: sorry posted at almost same time howdy jon

Last edited:
any suggestions on the wire to upgrade to for the glow plug? Company who makes them etc.

any suggestions on the wire to upgrade to for the glow plug? Company who makes them etc.

you can try protecting it with something. A cage would go a long way but that is a some coin. If you do RC Solutions are top notch.

I've heard of people replacing the EZ-start harness and then putting multiple layers of heat-shrink tubing on the blue wire from the chassis up to the socket for the glowplug.