Good bash!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So today my friend wanted to go do some bashing. I said shure what the heck. But i was geting my gear ready last night and noticed that my skid plate brokd again. Damnit! I was siting there scratching my head thinking what i could Micky mouse up. THis is about the time the light over my head poped on. I foud a pice of aluminum last time i was dirtbike riding. I cut and modifyed it beat it around and came up with a very nice hinge pin retainer. It is held on very tightly by the rear bumper mount and a zip tie. Heres a couple of pics.
P1200174.gif

P1200179.gif

It turned out verry nice! It worked well but could still use a little tweeking. Today was a good day bashing though. We went to my high school to do some bashing in the construction zone. Did some high speed jumps and had a tun of fun. My friends sport maxx ran great too. Next weekend were going back and my friends uncle is going with his 3 speed savage and I'm looking for-ward to that. Pluse I'm goign to see if i can get my neighbor to go with his mamoth. Its going to be sweet. No pics of the bash because i forgot the camera but next weekend for shure and maby a vid.

Bryson

Nice bit of work on the bumper/skid plate. Glad you had a fun day bashing. I can't wait to get my buggies up and running again, so I can do the same...

Ya i was verry suprised to see something i invented actually work. It with stood some verry hard bottoming today and didnt break anything. Then only thing that went wrong today was i lost a body clip. 2 hours of good bashin and thats it, thats pretty good for me. lol.

LOL...that is nice. I usually lose a body clip prior to the day of bash and am lucky to get home with three working buggies. As it stands one of mine is still out of comission from my last bash. The other two are questionable. That is what bashing is all about...going out, pushing the RC to the limits, and then repeating it after you rebuild them if necessary. :D

Haha yep thats the fun of rc cars. Break, Build, Repeat. I'm pretty set on geting in to racing this coming summer though. I'm geting a job and stuff pretty soon so iv started to save up for a 3.3 revo. For my birthday I'm geting a Mx-3 and 3 recivers hopefully, so that will help get me going.

I thought about doing something similar... I cut the aluminum, bent it, had it all lined up and decided to get a trinity rear skid instead. Great idea though! Mine was more complicated as I was bending the aluminum to go over the rest of the rear skid, but it would have lowered my ground clearance. Then, I thought maybe the skid pin retainers gave the pins some extra support, so I decided to nix the idea. Thinking about it though, I could do what you did and save the $20 I spend on the skid.

Oh well, live and learn..

Skid Plates

I just installed the 1-piece Ti skidplate from Hardcore Racing. :w00t: It completely replaces the center skidplate and covers the front/rear skidplates. It tucks nicely under the chassis and looks hard to get hung up on anything. Now I've just got to take the time when it dries out to go and beat on the poor Revo.

Back