Jeep Rubicon REVO--Pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonOne

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok up for your viewing pleasure today is my latest project.

This an HPI Jeep Rubicon body on a 2.5 revo chassis. I am particularly proud of this one as I built it from scratch using parts I gathered on Ebay and from some of you all here.

Enough BS on with the pics!!!! Oh as you can see it snowed here last night. :banana:
I also got a chance to run it....story at the end of post.

Parked
parked.jpg

B4 running
b4snow.jpg

On the small ramp
upramp.jpg

More
sideramp.jpg

Inside from the back
back1.jpg

The Goods
engine1.jpg

Under the hood
underthehood.jpg

Ok Thats it.
I tried running this rig in the snow today....it was not fun. I was to have video to accompany this post but the rig would not run right and when it did run, my wife had mittin finger and all I got was her mitten fuzz.:thumbsup:

First the engine I had in there a picco .26 WOULD NOT START. SO I got pissed and pulled it and dually exhaust out and dropped an OS18TM with a resonator in there from one of my other rigs. It ran....oh so beutifully....for 4 minutes and then I broke a drive line connectoer....right at the wheel....never done that before. Fixed that (snow day here so just goofing off).
Then it all came to a halt when the rear diff started making funny noiseses and locked up all together.

I attribute this to my poor mechanic skills and its first time out...I MUST have left a screw out or pin or something.

Anyway back in the house and onto the bench for the whole lot.

Enjoy! the pics.

Ok up for your viewing pleasure today is my latest project.

This an HPI Jeep Rubicon body on a 2.5 revo chassis. I am particularly proud of this one as I built it from scratch using parts I gathered on Ebay and from some of you all here.

Enough BS on with the pics!!!! Oh as you can see it snowed here last night. :banana:
I also got a chance to run it....story at the end of post.

Parked
parked.jpg

B4 running
b4snow.jpg

On the small ramp
upramp.jpg

More
sideramp.jpg

Inside from the back
back1.jpg

The Goods
engine1.jpg

Under the hood
underthehood.jpg

Ok Thats it.
I tried running this rig in the snow today....it was not fun. I was to have video to accompany this post but the rig would not run right and when it did run, my wife had mittin finger and all I got was her mitten fuzz.:thumbsup:

First the engine I had in there a picco .26 WOULD NOT START. SO I got pissed and pulled it and dually exhaust out and dropped an OS18TM with a resonator in there from one of my other rigs. It ran....oh so beutifully....for 4 minutes and then I broke a drive line connectoer....right at the wheel....never done that before. Fixed that (snow day here so just goofing off).
Then it all came to a halt when the rear diff started making funny noiseses and locked up all together.

I attribute this to my poor mechanic skills and its first time out...I MUST have left a screw out or pin or something.

Anyway back in the house and onto the bench for the whole lot.

Enjoy! the pics.

Looks pretty cool.

One suggestion about the head you are using. Use the stock head as it retains more heat. That one you have pictured last is designed to dissipate heat.

As far as the 26, I have had great luck with the one I have.Its used for about 8 tanks ( supposedly) and it runs like a top.

just a suggestion.

Yea, I ran it with a sock on it while actually underway(for the short run we had today)

I really like the NOVA heads...especially in the summer around here it hits 110 on a regular basis. But you do have to sock em when it starts to get cold.

I have had reat luck with my .26 prior to this......could have been the cold ....could have been my build up somehow.....its on the bench....I will work on it later..;) Thanks for stopping by Jon.

Very nice Body! Well done! Even though I don't love the Rubicons too much... ever since I got involved into RC... things change!
Maine... Brrrr... to cold for anything here today.
Good luck with your engine and Diff.
Do I see a Integy Fuel Filter there???
JJ

Very nice Body! Well done! Even though I don't love the Rubicons too much... ever since I got involved into RC... things change!
Maine... Brrrr... to cold for anything here today.
Good luck with your engine and Diff.
Do I see a Integy Fuel Filter there???
JJ

You do see an Integy Fuel Filter in there along with a "who cares what brand it is" fuel pump or primer...and some of Woodies fuel line cover..;)

Thanks for stopping by!:celebrate2:

Last edited:
You do see an Integy Fuel Filter in there along with a team losi fuel pump or primer...and some of Woodies fuel line cover..;)

Thanks for stopping by!:celebrate2:

FYI, just for reference, that primer bulb is by Team Associated. Very handy when ya want to prime the carb without putting your finger on the exhaust stinger.

FYI, just for reference, that primer bulb is by Team Associated. Very handy when ya want to prime the carb without putting your finger on the exhaust stinger.

Well ExCUSSSSSSEE Me Mister, I can spot the right brand from 100 yards......I will have to go pick the package out of the garbage to verify my error. I will return shortly with a :thefinger .

Whoops Just kidding......you are a funny guy....Team Associated....Team Losi ....what is the difference.........I paid to much for it at the hobby store..:bling:

Since I'm in the market for a fuel filter... and happen to like INTEGY parts, it was just a question. Nice Truck anyways!
:eek:)
JJ

Hey it's a Stomper! Who's old enough to remember those????????

I think I can find mine still with the original AA battery in it. Forward and reverse. Great little trucks. I had a bunch at one point.

Talons ride resembles a STOMPER!!!

I think they were actually bringing decent money on eBay. I wish I still had mine, I had a fleet!

I guess I missed that one.....but STOMPER is the look I was going for.....big tires, mean attitude....stump jumper.......that throws dirt and rolls over easy..;)

Thanks for looking men...I am off to repiar it and take it out again .

Since I'm in the market for a fuel filter... and happen to like INTEGY parts, it was just a question. Nice Truck anyways!
:eek:)
JJ

Its a great filter.....actually I, unlike some here (MW we wont mention names) have had fair luck with Integy stuff....they are a bit pricey for sure...but most of thier stuff works as advertised. Service is another issue altogether....but I usually buy stuff from them that is a "bling" version of a stock part...like skid plates.....that do not require much service.

Anyway my two cents...

Talon

THats one nice rig man. Really like the body!

Watch for airbubbles Talon, I've heard from more than one person that the Integy and Racer's Edge cause airbubbles in the line. Watch it next time you're running.

Watch for airbubbles Talon, I've heard from more than one person that the Integy and Racer's Edge cause airbubbles in the line. Watch it next time you're running.

Good call Jet.....ya know I wonder if that was what happened to my picco .26........it ran fine....until I wanted it to run in this rig....and that is a new feul line setup.

I did notice that when it ran,..even on the OS18 it stalled......and my OS neveer did that before...

Good call, I will be watching next run...becauce when I ran the OS on your old rig (fuel filter in the tank) no problems.....hmmmmm.

Thanks for the heads up..;)

A little spritz of armor all in the fuel (one spritz...no more) will take care of the bubbly fuel issue...unless you have a major air leak.

Just a little tip from the past...

Otherwise...nice looking ride.

Thanks for the Tip SkyMaxx. That is why I love this site.....its like a clubhouse....not like other sites I have been on....that are more like a scary bar.

Good tip I will give that a go.
Talon

Here's a thread on the topic for your reading pleasure...

CLICK HERE

Enjoy!

-SkyMaxx

Last edited:
Link not working SkyMaxx

Well at least for me it doesn't.

Sweet rig Talon. Hope that picco works for you I want to see how mine compares.

Oops...forgot a quote. Try it now.

Back