suspension ajustment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susman

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
The suspension on my revo is not level. The front is slightly higher than the rear. Is this correct? Should it be level?

I'm using my revo on and off road. I'm not racing it. Recreation use only. Just trying to have fun. Some small jumps made from dirt and ramp jumps.

I'm trying to find a happy medium for all occassions.

Last edited:
The rear will squat as you take off so its no big deal.

If you want to level it out try using the adjustment rings on the shocks. Screw them tighter and your truck will come up. If your doing the front, make sure you do both shocks.

You can also use the setups page at Traxxas to see different ways to adjust the ride or droop as they call it. Front up a tad is the stock position. Also there are setups here that folks have compiled for different situations....just do a search.

suspension adjustment

so your saying its factory set to be slightly higher in the front.

It is probably lower in the rear because that is where most of the weight is. The factory set up is for a level ride without the engine in it. Also, regardless of how you set it...you can expect the vehicle to squat when you apply throttle.

As mentioned above, you can tune this out of the shocks by using the preload spacers...or shock adjustment ring. Just ratchet it down until you are happy with the way the vehicle is sitting.

check and see if your not in the lower hole on the rear bulkhead as well. May be in the high one on front and low on rear. Thus creating the difference

If you do not want to do alot of work you can tighten up the spring by tighting down the threads. Or if you in the mood for doing some work rebuild the shock using thicker shock fluid, or just try puting the longtavle springs on it. Either way it will stiffen it up. I just rebuilt mine using 45 weight oil and p2 rockers with longtravle springs and its stiff as hell. Hope that helps some.

Bryson

Back