steel? axle pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mallanaga

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok, so i havn't worked on the revo in like... 3 months. i pull it out to assess the damage, and i try to take the wheels off. they wouldn't budge. i am using integy 23mm hex adapters with 40 series wheels.

i mean... i put thread lock on all the threads to assure a snug fit, but wtf? the nuts are off!! so anyway, i had to prop my feet against the chassis and pull hard to get the wheels off. once off, checking around, i pull the axle pin out and it comes out in two pieces :confused: . i went to the other front tire - same thing happened. so, i don't know. i have to order new pins, and the website says they're steel. HTF does steel snap in half like that? any similar stories?

both rear wheels had the pins intact, but the wheels were equally hard to take off. the pins seemed to weld to the integy adapters. there is little indents in each of them, substantial indents. oh well. better luck this time :yes:

Ok are the pins getting thread lock on them or is the hex hub gripping the pins that tight they pull and break them?

If they were new rims when you put them on last that might have something to do to them being hard to pull off. I put my new tires on and really strugled to pull them off to. What I'm saying maby its just there still kinda new.

thread lock on the threads (little threads on 8mm hex and the big threads on the 23mm hex). the pins were just in there like usual.

as for being new, yes they were. hopefully they are broken in now. =P

hey jon, i just bought some of those fuel line covers. noice. chrome with black wrap. my fuel hose is neon orange, hopefully it shows through a little. this is going to look hot! kudos.

Well post a pic of your ride brother with them on! I want to see!

Back