problems with my revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Socomgod 420

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
well I took the truck to this park thats close to my house. the truck was running great. probably ran 3 tanks then decided to go to another spot. when I pinched the fuel line to shut it off it took about 3-4 secs (normal from what I've read).

when trying to run the truck in the other spot it was running very poorly. would not shift into second. would stall when trying to accelorate from a stop. when it would accelorate halfway ok it was running poorly and just didnt sound right probably half speed. I then decided to just pack it up. However when I pinched the fuel line it took about 10 seconds to shut off. Also I changed the glow plug shortly after it was running poorly. The plug I used is a duratrax gold racing plug.

what should I check for?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
check the high speed (HSN) and low speed needles (LSN) to see if one of them somehow got turned too rich. It sounds like the engine is running too rich. If that is not the problem you might a have an air leak or something of the sort.

Sounds like you may have loaded up the engine when pinching the line. Whenever you use the pinch test, clear out the engine with a few short bursts of throttle. It will get rid of the excess fuel in the case.

Sounds like you may have loaded up the engine when pinching the line. Whenever you use the pinch test, clear out the engine with a few short bursts of throttle. It will get rid of the excess fuel in the case.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but when you pinch the fuel line, the engine burns up most of the fuel in the carb and case. When you plug the air filter or the exhaust, it floods the engine. I'm just trying to get this straightend out in my head. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but when you pinch the fuel line, the engine burns up most of the fuel in the carb and case. When you plug the air filter or the exhaust, it floods the engine. I'm just trying to get this straightend out in my head. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
No offense man. I have noticed on my attempts on this and maybe I am letting go too fast but I still get a flooded engine. I see the fuel go into the carb. Then again, I would rather run a bit more rich then most would.

But you are correct on that. That is the tendency of the pinch method. but speaking out of personal experience, I get a flooded mill.

I also agree with you on the exhaust plug. I like to shut all my RC's at the flywheel.

what struck me as odd is that it was running great (probably the best it had ever run) was shifting at about 30 feet, temps were in the 215-235 range. nice thin trail of blue smoke when accelorating. Then I put it in my backseat and drive up the rode about a mile and it just wouldnt run right.

I checked the hsn and returned it to factory settings. the lsn looks fine, I never touched it because I was not finished tuning the hsn. I'm gonna run outside and see what it does.

thanks for the help/suggestions.

Well I just got back in and it seems to be running a little better. still doesn't sound right though. I'm gonna clean it up and seal everything that i can up. I dont have another day off till sunday, but if I'm still having problems ill post.

If anyone can think of anything let me know.

Last edited:
Well sounds like the needles got moved to me if it ran a little bit better and maybe the mill did get flooded bc if you waited a while since you ran at the second place, maybe the mill was no longer flooded. I dunno. Sometimes its hit and miss with these things, but that's half the fun. Well let us know how evrything runs after you clean her up and check for some air leaks.

Back