Setup?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakEyez151

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well my previous searches came up with nothing. Maybe I used the wrong terms, or it hasn't been touched in this section yet.. I'm tryin to setup my Revo to handle better on my buddies track. Its tight, and built more for 10th scale stadium, so I'm not expecting it to handle as perfectly, but I've had a hell of a time stayin On track through the 180 and S turns. It was bone-stock, but since I've changed to lunsford titanium pushrods, and P2 Rockers. I've also swapped out the rear turnbuckles for the Traxxas red-Alu rods, and will be pickin up a set for the front very soon. I did adjust the rear wheels with some toe-in, and adjusted a bit of camber in on the rear also @ the pivot balls. Next is to toe-out the front end, hopefully to help turn tighter. Right now I'm going by eye, since I have no alignment tools.

Any suggestion on what to use to make sure I have proper degree angles (and what degree to set them at)? Or springs and shock oil weight? These are still stock. it squats pretty low in the rear now, maybe too low.

Thanks!
Mike

Ah yes. I saw that the other day, and wasn't even thinkin about it... How about for setting alignment tho? It didn't answer that part of my question. RPM guages or is there a better way? Maybe just go by eye?

Thanks!
Mike

VBGagnon said:
Caster - either 2 clips front and rear, or 3 clips front, one rear.
Camber - -1 degree
Toe in/out - .5 degrees out per side, sometimes zero to help turn in

there is your wheel setup. Alignment and all

You can use a camber gauge on a known straight end for setting toe.

Back