failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Newbie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a fail safe for my revo 3.3 and am not sure where to plug it into and how to program it any help would be great thanks ;)

Which failsafe did you get and are you still running the optidrive unit?

He has a Dynamite failsafe.

I can't remember, does that thing have two leads? If so, one hooks up to your throttle servo and the other goes to the throttle servo slot in your receiver. There is a button on the failsafe which you use to set it. It has something to do with holding that button while you turn on your receiver or transmitter with the throttle in the position you want the failsafe to revert to when it activates (such as full brake). I think you have to hold it for a couple senconds too but I don't remember the exact sequence. you can always experiment with the engine NOT running. After you try to set it simply turn the Tx off and if it is set correctly your throttle servo will go to the point you specified. sorry I can't be of much detailed help. I never really used it.

If your still using the opti drive you will need to remove it...Caution!!!! Without the opti drive you will be able to shift into reverse at any speed which would destroy your tranny. I suggest installing a FOC and learn to drive without reverse.....IMO reverse is a PITA anyway.

Installing fail safe, unplug the throttle servo from the receiver and plug it into the fail safe. Now plug the fail safe into the receiver and it's hooked up. Now you need to set it....The best thing for this is to find the instructions on line.

I also use a Dynamite, http://www.dynamiterc.com/ProdInfo/Files/dyn2553-manual.pdf

Last edited:
I'm having problems installing the duratrax failsafe too. Rc newb if you figure out exactly where it goes will you post pics. I tried mine hooked up to the throotle slot on the reciever and it didnt work.

If your still using the opti drive you will need to remove it...CATION!!!! Without the opti drive you will be able to shift into reverse at any speed which would destroy your tranny. I suggest installing a FOC and learn to drive without reverse.....IMO reverse is a PINA anyway.

Installing fail safe, unplug the throttle servo from the receiver and plug it into the fail safe. Now plug the fail safe into the receiver and it's hooked up. Now you need to set it....The best thing for this is to find the instructions on line...Google is your friend!

so you're saying if You use the duratrax failsafe you have to remove the opti drive? Is there another brand of failsafe that will work with the opti drive?

so you're saying if You use the duratrax failsafe you have to remove the opti drive? Is there another brand of failsafe that will work with the opti drive?

The opti drive is not meant to be used with any brand or type of fail safe. Your best option is a FOC, you eliminate the weak reverse gears and you can now use any fail safe.

WOW I didn't know you would have to remove the opti drive how is that done? Dosen't all the servos plug into the opti drive remember I am new lol so bare with me.

Heres what you do if you live anywhere near a hobby shop, pull the tranny out of you rig then take it down there. If the guys are cool theyll help you put in the FOC if you buy it there. THe optidrive is a POS just get rid of the thing. It drains the battery faster and just makes the trani weaker with the reverse. The only good thing its for is a batery meater. Just get rid of it youll be suprised at the difference. :yes:

WOW I didn't know you would have to remove the opti drive how is that done? Dosen't all the servos plug into the opti drive remember I am new lol so bare with me.

Your truck came with a manual. in that manual there is a parts break down of the whole truck. You should be able to tear the truck down and put it back together using the manual.

I'm not trying to be an ass but if you can read and understand the manual you need to take it to a Hobby Shop and tell them what you want.

Back