The Jet Mobile...another Revo makeover

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonOne

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This project started with a race revo I picked up here from JetMech.

Let me tell you that I have learned more from his handy work than you can imagine.:bow:

I added a new OS 18TM and ez start cuz I am lazy. (still trying to figure out the bump thingy Jet)

A new set of moabs on wabash prolines and spektrum radio gear (santa brought me)

A few other odds and ends and the JC Concepts illuzions lid.

And well as they say a picture...blah blah..

side.jpg

overhead.jpg

clearback.jpg

lidoff.jpg

engine.jpg

dirty.jpg

The End of the run.....it is always satisfying to break something....that way I know I have pushed the truck and my silly driving to the edge.....and survived..;)

carniage.jpg

Video at 11....or whenever I get the footage edited.

Thanks for looking any advice from what you see is always apreciated.

TalonOne

Out

For the bigger tire/rim combo, you may want to consider the P3 rockers and pushrods as well as stiffer springs to compensate.

I have the same tire and rim set up but I am not sure if that is the route I want to go.

Glad it's workin out for ya, much different than last time I saw it! LOL

Very nice TalonOne, We should get together and bash sometime. We could probably get the guy who showed you his Revo at Al's (I am assuming) to come.

Hey Tarant.....did I run into you at ALs? Anyway for sure lets bash...and or when the eweather turns we can meet up at the track. PM me...

For the bigger tire/rim combo, you may want to consider the P3 rockers and pushrods as well as stiffer springs to compensate.

I have the same tire and rim set up but I am not sure if that is the route I want to go.

Yea, it should be known that shortly after this photo shoot I switched tires and wheels back to the original crimefighters.

The moabs are HEAVY.....and they throw everythng out of whack........so I will save them for big block project I am working on.

Talon

Looks nice, Talon. Do you have the bump start flywheel on it? Might be why you're having problems. It's a bigger diameter than the stocker.

Yea I had a fresh bump flywheel I was going to try.....When I was trying to use the bump I had the original engine and bump flywheel on there..it would turn the engine over just not start....I had a good glow plug according to the ignighter.

Jet did say that that engine had not been started in a bit and it was fresh off a repiar.....so it is patience I lack.

It is on the shelf right now. I am thinking of selling the pair together as I a love and hate the ez start set up at the same time....BUT IT WORKS FOR ME.

And it seems a shame for the two to not have a good home...need one?

So I will go the EZ route for now.
Mostly cuz I am lazy..;)

Thanks for stopping by. Next up is ground up build of a standard revo chassis. I have a rubicon body all painted up for it.....I am going to build a crawler....sort of. Stay tuned.

Where are you running your pushrods on the revo arms? I broke shocks and P2 rockers running the inner most hole (tallest position). I have since changed to the middle hole and haven't had a problem in about 4 gallons of the same bashing, if not harder.

Just trying to help.

Those rims/tires look bad ass!

Where are you running your pushrods on the revo arms? I broke shocks and P2 rockers running the inner most hole (tallest position). I have since changed to the middle hole and haven't had a problem in about 4 gallons of the same bashing, if not harder.

Just trying to help.

Those rims/tires look bad ass!

I am runnnin gthem on the outer most (closest to the wheels) I was reading you r other posts on this subject and I am going to play around with both position and perhaps the P3's.

The tires arte bad ass.....but shortly after this pic session I went back to the crimes on wabash....the moabs are HEAVY and I need to tune a truck just for them......prehaps my caged revo with a picco .26 can push them....but time of course is short so I will have to get to that later...;)

Thanks for stopping by.