Exhaust header mod for os 18 tm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I do the exhaust header mod that Team RCRR talked about in the Revo Resources.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42178

If you are using that header than its your choice. I have yet to see someone do it. I am considering doing it after I get the 18TM broken in. I will be using the Resonator pipe. I would like to see the power prior to even cutting it. I also want to compare the header length to the OS header. It may not be the same.

Headers are not expensive. If you have a chance to read te Ulitimate tuning book than you can read up on what changing the length of the header does.

Man, I run the os 18 TM on two of my Revos.........I would give it a try first....I was amazed at the power in that little mill.

I use with the os header that came with it and resonator pipes....a great combo as far as I am concerned. Anyway my 2 cents.

The stock header is junk and the mod didn't make a noticeable difference to me with the 2.5R and stock pipe. The mod of cutting the header was to make it less likely to bang into the pipe when you land on your rear shock tower. When the pipe would slide into the coupler and hit the header, it would break the header every time. Or at least bend it.

The stock header breaks very easy and they are $20 a piece. I'd stick with the header that comes with the 18TM and don't modify it, just use it. It's a much better quality header and it uses a spring to hold it onto the engine. In an impact, the spring will give enough to not damage the header. Well, within reason, but it works well.

I noticed some improvement by drilling the stinger out though. Not a lot, but a little extra in the low end.

Back