Just arrived!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yes just got my OS.18tm from the ups guy right now. This thing is soo freaking sweet lookin. I can't wait to bolt it up and get through break in. But on the other hand i think I'm going to wait till my 2.5 is totaly gone to hell before i touch this motor. I'm going to the hobby shop tomarrow to pick up some stuff and i think ill pick up the rpm axle carriers, and a resignator pipe. can't wait!:celebrate:

yea just take the beast out and burn the hell out of the motor or maybe jsut throw it up on ebay for some extra cash.

Yup I got mine last week. Its been sitting on my bench. I am going to bolt her up soon as I get some free time at home. Its going in the 3.3 chassis for now. The 3.3 that is in her is going to Traxxas for the work. Let us know when you get a chance how it runs!

I shure will let ya know. As of right now my main focus is on my mini I'm trying to get that thing going again. I was hiting a jump that was clearing this fence and cliped it, I then supperglued the arm back together then jumped it off my friends roof the next day and blew all 4 shocks:) ,it was soo worth it. While I'm at the store tomarrow ill probally pick up the motor savor air filter, resignator and the lightend flywheel. Do you guys think i should use a pull start or a tiger drive to start it, I'm leaning tward a pull start but I'm not shure yet.

I shure will let ya know. As of right now my main focus is on my mini I'm trying to get that thing going again. I was hiting a jump that was clearing this fence and cliped it, I then supperglued the arm back together then jumped it off my friends roof the next day and blew all 4 shocks:) ,it was soo worth it. While I'm at the store tomarrow ill probally pick up the motor savor air filter, resignator and the lightend flywheel. Do you guys think i should use a pull start or a tiger drive to start it, I'm leaning tward a pull start but I'm not shure yet.

I would look into getting a Roto start or even the XTM brand if you want a shaft starting device. Never heard anyone use the Tiger Drivel. I prefer the Pull start myself.

Ya pull start seems pretty fool proof. Ill probally end up going that route just because its cheaper. I'm damn tired of the eazy starter though.

Ya pull start seems pretty fool proof. Ill probally end up going that route just because its cheaper. I'm damn tired of the eazy starter though.

I actually didn't mind the EZ start. Just have to prime the engine first and use an external ignitor rather than use the Blue wire and drain the battery.

If I am luck I will be getting the RD Racing box. Looking for a deal on that. I would suggest that if you can swing the dough.

Ya i havent tried it with a glo starter. I have one but use it just to test glo plugs. I was reading my new issue of rcdriver along with every one else says that the easy start is heavy and ditching it will lighten the load alot. I have a problem with pull start because i dont want to take my body off every time i start it. What is you feelings on the lightend flywheel. I think it would stay cooler but i dont know how much lighter it is.

Ya i havent tried it with a glo starter. I have one but use it just to test glo plugs. I was reading my new issue of rcdriver along with every one else says that the easy start is heavy and ditching it will lighten the load alot. I have a problem with pull start because i dont want to take my body off every time i start it. What is you feelings on the lightend flywheel. I think it would stay cooler but i dont know how much lighter it is.

The 40mm flywheel from Traxxas is supposed to be a great upgrade but remember that since it is lighter your clutch engagement will be different. You also may have to play with your slipper to compensate for the additional acceleration that is supposed to be noticeable.

I may try this out but one thing at a time. break in the 18TM than will move to the next upgrade.

If you go to a bump starter box, you would not have to take the body off more than a handfull depending on your tuning skills.

Ya i was just going to use the lighten flywheel for weight reasons. I'm not considering bump start at all. Seeing as to how i go to the desert and just walk around and jump stuff I'm not going to be carrying a starter box around lol. I'm going to do everything in one shot. I was even looking at geting a 3.3 chasie off ebay and was wondering if all my stuff on my 2.5 will bolt up or do i need a new trany case? Thanks for your time!

What you will need are the extended center drive lines. I am almost sure that is all you will need. You ay need longer linkages but that is just a guess.

What you will need are the extended center drive lines. I am almost sure that is all you will need. You ay need longer linkages but that is just a guess.

That a yes on the steering linkages......it is a bit longer in front. I have both and I will be honest with you after driving the shorter one I like it better. More compact.....same power....just my opinion.

I had the opportunity to get a 3.3 to add my 2.5 so I got it.I liked it. I know that the 3.3 just nose dives a lot. I will compare it to the 2.5 once I get a chance to get em all set up.

Hauler go to tower there on sale right now if they have any left there only 150$. Thats cheep compared to the regular 220.

Hauler go to tower there on sale right now if they have any left there only 150$. Thats cheep compared to the regular 220.

150 is the new price. I am sure that it will stay at that price indefinitely. Ebay still has them for 180 shipped.

Dang good engine and a great price.

O I just saw it in there sale add that would be sweet if it stayed at that price! Great engin can't wait to get mine up and rolling.

Is it pretty easy to swap out an engine

Ya just so long as you have some know how of what your doing. The OS. comes with some pretty detailed instructions. Its just 4 screws and swaping out the clutch.

Well i just got back from the hobby shop and bought the resignator pipe. It shure looks alot like the stocker but hopefully it will help a little. I completly taped out my rc budge for now with my rc18 and my ntc3. I put all kinds of aluminum on my rc18 over the past week and am still in need of tires and a battery strap, damnit. I also need to scrounge up some cash to get a motor savor airfilter. I really dont want to put the traxxas one on the os. Ill just have to see how things go though, because right now i can't find anyone with a rear skid plate. Well thanks for your time.

Back