Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello! :welcome_sign:
i have been running my revo for a wile now and I'm starting with the hop ups I AM A BASHER!! i do not race so i just want it to hadle BIG jumps and keep on going!

any sugestions on what shock oil to use what springs or any thing to do with the shocks let me know!!! thanks!

:bowtothercnt:

Last edited by a moderator:
I switched to integy piggybacks and went with 100 wt in front and 120 in rear, it takes big air landings way better now.

I switched to integy piggybacks and went with 100 wt in front and 120 in rear, it takes big air landings way better now.

Hope you kept your stockers, my man. Those Integy shocks are known to fail, miserably. I'm not intending to crap on your shock choice, but those piggy backs are more bling than they are functional. I had a set and bent two shafts just bouncing around my yard getting my engine tuned. Steepest thing I took my rig over was the curb!

No offense to you personally, but I wouldn't pick my nose with an Integy shock!

Wow thats some bad luck. I ve had mine on for two months of extreme bashing and big air jumps and no problems yet. I do still have the stockers that didn t compare to what these can handle. I will rebuild them and keep em handy and ready I guess. Thanks for the heads up Monkey!!!!

I run stock shocks with 60 weight and blue springs all around. I also use P2 rockers.

I'm thinking of getting P3 rockers and pushrods because it still bottoms out quite a bit. I tried running heavier oil, but I broke shock shafts and rockers. I think 60 is about as high as you can go without changing a lot of other stuff like rocker posts, rockers, push rods, shock shafts...

I'm also using traxxas TiN shock shafts. They seem to be holding up better than the stock shafts.

I run stock shocks with 60 weight and blue springs all around. I also use P2 rockers.

I'm thinking of getting P3 rockers and pushrods because it still bottoms out quite a bit. I tried running heavier oil, but I broke shock shafts and rockers. I think 60 is about as high as you can go without changing a lot of other stuff like rocker posts, rockers, push rods, shock shafts...

I'm also using traxxas TiN shock shafts. They seem to be holding up better than the stock shafts.

if i use the 60W and blue springs and P2 rockers what dampeners in the shocks should i use?

Last edited:
I really don't know... I've never changed mine from stock. I don't know what it has stock.

I did just get the P3's and I picked up some 50 weight. I haven't installed them yet. I'll get around to it this week.

I guess its who ya know and how your setup? The guy at one of my LHS's said he's sold a bunch of the integy msr6 shocks for Revos and never had anybody complain about them breaking. He seemed surprised when I told him about them breaking? Maybe he just wanted a sale, but I really doubt he'd try to steer me wrong. He knows I come around, and lyin to me isn't gonna keep my business.

Mike

I think people are totally gun shy of integy because of their use of low quality aluminum in general and their bad rap for t-maxx msr4's and savage shocks. They were really bad. To the point that you'd be lucky if you could make it a few tanks without blowing one out or bending a shaft.

My initial choice for the my Revo build was the integy shock. Installed two, build went on hold. Those will soon hit eBay, as I am getting some regular ones with the TiN shafts. I think integy is just for bling, not for usable R/Cs.

Integy Shocks

After breaking the top off of a set I was installing on my RC18t, I decided that i wouldn't mess with them again. The I read the horror stories on this board and decided to boycott Integy. I have never had any problem with the stock shocks on my Revo.:shhh:

I'll also suggest stock with heavier oil.

I also had integy shock issues, but thats my choice not to use them again.
Stock shocks in that truck are great. I'd leave them.

i was looking at buying some of those integy shocks but i think i will stick with the stock ones i'm kinda afraid to waist money on them if there no good so thaks guys.

If anything, get some of the teflon coated traxxas or MIP shock bodies. That might make for smoother shocks that require less maintenance. Although, I didn't mess with my shocks for about 6 gallons of running and they leaked very little. That's with the TiN shafts though.

Back