Another quick video,,hows the shifting??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reb2973

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok guys,,I tried to get another good video of it shifting and hope you could see the blue smoke trail to see if it looks good,,but this is being done with a digital camera.. smoke trail is there,,you can see it evry now and then in the video.

Hows my shifting,,should I adjust it to shift sooner?
Smoke trail look good?
also notice that its bogging down on take off near the end of the video,,just started this when I took the video,,its tunned from yesterday when it was cold outside,,now its around 75 to 80 outside today when I took the video...Had to lean the hsn a bit today but didnt touch the lsn,,would this be that little bogging issue on take off? Temps on motor still at 250.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=EL7Og__me7A"]YouTube - Shifting need adjustment?[/ame]

the bogging was prob because of your tank being low or almost empty.

To me it sounds a tad rich on top, if you lean it out a bit more you will shift sooner. If you like the tune where it is I would make it shift a bit sooner.

It also seems a bit lean on the low end to me, which is prob giving you the 250 temp.

yeah it was low on fuel, 250 temps are good right? Would they be lower if I set the lsn a tad more rich?

The temps are about right, you will prob see a bit of a power improvement if you richen the lsn. Just a bit though, it doesn't take much.

yeah it sounds like it shifts alot quicker than mine. I will set it today to shift a bit sooner..

I did set the lsn tad bit more rich and now getting temps around 240,,seems to run good there but it makes it a little hard to start after it cools off,,,maybe I should lean out the hsn a bit now?

I wouldn't lean it. I'd just drop the shift point some. That will lower your temps as well since it won't be running at such a high RPM as long in first gear.

Change the shift point and see how it feels after that.

Back