I think i got it,,heres a quick video!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reb2973

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well last night I went ahead and put rvt silicone on everything that I read could cause an air leak..This morning I started to see if i can tune it in again,,and I think the rvt silicone solved my problems..

I made a little video to see what you guys thought on how it sounds,as far as being really close to tuned in,,I'm running temps around 240 to 250 without the body.. At the end I tried to do a close up of the pinch test to see how you all thought it sounded as it revs up a tad then stalls.

I think I got it pretty close. Any advice would be great if something dont sound right,,,let me know.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=1_owk-cdaw4"]YouTube - revo tuned in?[/ame]

With the way its gurgling and continuing to race after you let off the throttle after a speed run, It may be a little to lean on the LSN.

ok thanks,, I was hoping someone would hear the way it tries to hold a rev when I let off.

I don't know about that Ed, when he pinched the line, it died nice and clean. It didn't really rev up or drop down, it just died after a few seconds. That's what I normally shoot for. It also idled ok and took off from a dead stop ok.

Although, I never heard it shift into 2nd. A rich HSN will cause that gurgling and rev when you let off the throttle as well.

Yeah the hsn could be leaned out some more,,I'm running temps around 250 so could prob get a bit more to get it to shift quicker..I had it running a tad rich from having the body on it cause when the body is on the temps climb real fast...

I think I'm real close on the lsn but that does bug me on the holding a rev for a sec after I let off.

I'm charging the batteries right now then I'm going back out to test out my hacked up body to see if I can get the air flowin through there.

Thanks for all the advice and any more would be great for this new guy.

It's running 250F and it doesn't shift? Somethings up! Does it shift at some point? What engine is it? What pipe/header?

yeah it will shift,,it will shift quicker when I lean the hsn a bit..

Its all stock revo with the 2.5r

Should it be shifting quicker than the video? It was about to before i hit the breaks almost everytime...dont tell me I have more problems..ha ha

no seriously,,I'm about to take it out again,,last time I had it out today was in the video,so what should I try or shoot for in shifting and the rev on idle?

well just did another 2 tanks and messing with the needles. I leaned the hsn some more and got it shifting pretty quick,,guessing about 30 or 40 feet and temps still around 250

started to richen the lsn to see if I could stop the rev it holds for a second or 2,,made it not hold a rev as long,,maybe a sec or less but still doing it,,so I set the lsn a bit richer but didnt seem to matter,,had to go fill up and when I went to start it wouldnt hold an idle when i took the ez-start off,,and spittin raw fuel out exhaust,,so leaned the lsn a bit and got it to idle..

all that said ,it runs pretty good with avereage temp around 250 but it still holds the rev a bit when I let off the throttle.

ANy ideas?

I've had some engines do that and some not. Unfortunatly, sometimes you just have to live with it. If it's performing well, not running too hot and you've taken care of any possible air leaks, you may have to live with it. You can try and richen the LSN an 1/8 or 1/16 turn, but I have a feeling it will always be there a little bit. My 2.5R is the same way. One of my OS 21 RG's does it as well. Runs fine otherwise, but rev's a little bit when you let off the gas. Don't know why, but it's done it from the first tank of break-in over 2 gallons ago.

Ok thanks Olds97,

yeah ,other than that it seems to run great..thanks for the advice. I guess now i can sit back and enjoy this thing for a bit..took me 2 weeks to fix all the out-of-the-box/RTR problems.

But I guess I learned way more than a regular newbie would have in 2 weeks with one that ran fine out the box..ha ha

Thanks again.

I have had 2.5 mills rev on the let off all so..
I solved it by repositioning the carb so the throtle arm was in more of a stright line..Rather than off kilter..A slight off set can cause the barrel to hang up in the carb...

Thanks Zandor,

I will look into that tomorrow also.

I have had 2.5 mills rev on the let off all so..
I solved it by repositioning the carb so the throtle arm was in more of a stright line..Rather than off kilter..A slight off set can cause the barrel to hang up in the carb...

I have had the same thing happen on mine. If you haven't done it I would recommend sealing the engine, I notice a difference in temp and tune every time.

I think I sealed the engine,,took the easy start off and did a bead of rvt,did around the carb and pinch bolt,header,and the rubber piece that connects header and pipe..did have some bubbles in the front bearing if i blew hard enough,,but only seem to happen when I put the split-cone deal on . I left that as it is,,but still is 100% better than before I did this.

Is there a detailed description including pics of the parts of the engine that need to be sealed?

Back