Suspension?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today i got my revo out and put it all back to together and fired it up. Every time i touch that thing it pisses me off. First i couldnt get it tuned right after i got it set i put the body on and it started to bog down every time i hit the gas hard. I tried everything then to my suprise after redoing all the thoratle linkage everytime i hit the brakes it dies. This is about the time i threw it 13 feet then kicked it all the way down the street to my house:flaming: . I let it sit for a few and just cool down myself. I finally just said screw it and started to beat the sh** out of it. Screw the trx2.5. Congrats to you if you can get one to run right. Anyway i was hiting a ramp across from my house and was jumping about 5-6ft in the air a good amount for me seeing to how i usually baby this thing. After about 2.5 tanks my day was brought to a end due to a broken rear skid plate. Heres where my question is my suspension is getting really soft. What weight oil are you guys running curently I'm just using stock but want some stiffer stuff just for bashing not raceing or anything. And what rockers do you guys run, I went back to long travle for bashing but there just not good. Any sugestions.
THanks
Bryson

If I can get some time soon, I may be heading out to Revelations to run my rides for the day. You should come down and bring your rig.

For now, have you tried sealing your engine? what fuel, plug?

Man iv done all that poop over and over. I just can't win with this mill. I'm geting the os. But ya that would be sweet to get together and bash Jon. I got some friends that have been wanting to get a big group to gether to bash. But any thing on the suspension.

This is about the time i threw it 13 feet then kicked it all the way down the street to my house
This may not be the right hobby for you!
I have witnessed the toucher of an RC befor...Its not Nice

Sometimes walking away from the ride and gather some info if not patience.. LOL. Heck I finally got my storm Pro finished and running.. Too bad its too cold! LOL

If you can't have patience its hard for you to get answers and enjoy the hobby. Zandor is spot on in this. Patience young grasshoppper.

I hope to run down there soon.

I have found that the 2.5 is tuchy tuning sometimes.
My freinds I ported and polish, then sealed it. tunes way easyer now and is a rocket. The OS.18 is a lot user freindly and an all around good mill. Most people I talk to run the p2 rockers and like them a lot.If you have probs like that again better off just taking a minet and cooling off. It will save you from spending more cash and not enjoying the hobbie,Hope ya get it worked out,and have fun.

Last edited:
What are the p2 rockers are they stock or some hop up. And i thought zandor wanted to jump his revo over his house he hated traxxas so bad what happen to that guy. HUH! LMAO!

Yes I did want to jump my house!
Not out of frustration of tuning...Just out of hate of traxxas products...LOL............
But when the weather gets better I will give the revo a try.If it does not hold up to my standards It will FLY.

Zandor you crack me up. See my point though I'm geting the same sour tast I'm my mouth that traxxas left you with. I'm trying to get my friends uncle to sell me his totally moded savage i mean hes done everything to this thing. Any way i was haveing fun after i said f*** it and just started to not care about tuning. Do you guys think that the stock rockers are better than longtravle for bashing.

Last edited:
Ok so today i decided to piss of the neighbors and drive around. I put my stocker pipe back on and its running bitchen. Well I'm done with the trinity seeing to how its been giveing me problems for a while now. I think I'm going to just get the 3.3 and take the money i saved on the o.s. so i can get a motor savor air filter and a traxxas resignator pipe. I think that will be fine just going to pray i dont have issues with the 3.3 like i did my 2.5. I also tightned my springs down alot more and now my revo dosent bottom out so hard i think with some thicker fluid ill be set. I can't wait till mid week when every ones at work again and i can drive around my neighbor hood without bothering anybody. I love bashing at my house now i gota take some pics of it, the gardners took down some trees across the street and i have a little open range for jumping now, its bitchen. Thanks for your help guys!

I have found that the 2.5 is tuchy tuning sometimes.
My freinds I ported and polish, then sealed it. tunes way easyer now and is a rocket. The OS.18 is a lot user freindly and an all around good mill. Most people I talk to run the p2 rockers and like them a lot.If you have probs like that again better off just taking a minet and cooling off. It will save you from spending more cash and not enjoying the hobbie,Hope ya get it worked out,and have fun.

What did you use to seal the engine up? Are there instructions online somewhere that show how to do this?

My revo 3.3 will be here in about a week and I'm just courious.

How hard is it to do?

Oh and I keep reading that the blue wire for the easy start should be removed. How exactly is this done? Do you just cut the wire and tape it up?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey Molesky where abouts in Anaheim do you live? I am off of State College and LaPalma. Let me know if you need some help with your beast.

State Colledge and Vermont are the big ones right near me. And about the blue wire dont cut it just take it off, there should be a couple of screws for some little wire holders just take those off and there you go.

Back