engine delema

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revorebuilder

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a revo 2.5r and engine broke rod and piston need to buy a new engine. Should I go with 3.3 or O.S. .18tm?

Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I have the TM and love it! Thing holds a tune well, starts easily and has plenty of giddy-up!

I've never owned a 3.3, but have seen them and they flat fly as well! Add to that the Traxxas engine replacement program (http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/erp/trx_erp-33.htm) and you can probably pick-up a new 3.3 realtively cheap.

I'd wait for a few 3.3 owners to chime in, but in my opinon, you can't really go wrong with either!

I have seen plenty of 3.3's on track and it's a capable motor. May not be as easy to tune as a .18TM but it gives it a run for the money. It does lack a little of the bottom end that the TM has. But as Money said, you couple it up with the ERP for $135 plus shipping you have a brand spanking new mill. The TM will cost you upwards of $200 and the p/s/rod combo for it will cost more than doing ERP.

Thanks for the info I will try to fine the specs on both and then make a decision. Do you know if the 18tm will just drop in? What about the 18tz or is that going to be a big hassle?

The TM will drop in and the TZ will be a hassle. I have the 3.3 and its a decent engine. Its more of a high end mill, its a little lacking in the bottom end. If you are looking for performance per dollar the 3.3 is the way to go, but the TM probably has the edge in overall performance.

I have the Trinity high flow super pipe, the one that comes with the two different manifold adapters. Will this pipe work w/ the O.S. .18tm?

I've got a 3.3 and its a great mill, It tunes fairly well and runs fast. It is smoother then the tm. for under $150 its a great mill! And you can use the money you saved and get the resonater pipe that does wonders for it!

TM is a drop in, IMO the TZ is no hassle, specially if you wanna use a bump box

I own both....and I really like my 3.3.....but the TM has abit more of the afore mentioned bottom end. If it were me I would grab a 3.3 on the exchange program...you will not be dissapointed and as VBGAGNON says with the money you saved you can get a decent direct fit pipe for it.

The trinity would fit....but you have to find the right manifild couplers or it gets really leaky and messy. (I use 1/8 th scale ones for the ofna engines.)

My two cents.

Talon