Engine Temp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Newbie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys have another quick question my engine is broke in and its running between 195 and 210 degrees is this ok or should it be hotter also my engine seems to idle high but in neutral the truck stands still it dosen't roll

I try to keep a rule of thumb never to operate anything below 200. I have had a few traxxas products and they ALL ran great at 265.

If your wondering what your temp should be and sayting that low, what temp did you break the engine in? If you had it below 200 then your not broken in I would go through the steps over again and keep the temp between 200 and 215.

I broke it in at about 225 but not that I have it tuned and idle is good it seems to hover around 195 to 210 it runs great just seems kinda low to me

My best temps and performance with the 3.3 is right around 240+/- 10 deg.

k will tune it a little more also it still seems not to be shifting it I ajusted the 2 speed a little but not sure where the factory setting on the 2 speed is anyone know?

I run my revo at 260-280, although it tends to get hotter by it's self, I just ran my new old Rustler, and it usbelievable fast compared to the revo and revo is fast!

I hope I can use my temp gun tomorrow, I ran out of light today, problematic pull starter :-/

Back