Revo 3.3 Won't Shift

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Newbie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have the truck all broke in runs and idles great..... but it will not shift gears I read the manual and ajusted the tranny counter clockwise to make it shift sooner and it still dose not poop so I set it back to factory and ajusted clockwise still not shifting and help would be great thanks a million

It may be possible that you are still running a little bit Rich. Lean out a little at a time you will find the truck will eventually shift.

its going fast at full throttle could it be shifting and its so smoth I don't even notice?

Very possible. Mine was the same way.

Try this, give very little throttle and let it get up to speed, there should be a noticalbe change in pitch. Also my revo 2.5 with a 3.3 in it changes within 2-3 feet (at wot) so it shifts very fast.

lean it out on the hsn till it does,(very small adjustments),it will,,but then make sure you still have a good smoke trail behind it,,if not,,your too lean,,,be patience.

I can say this cause I just got past where you were.

Last edited:
Just broke my Revo 3.3 in and it seemed like once I got it to shift for the first time it would shift more consistently. I still needed to adjust my shift point from the factory about 1/4 turn. I would always make the change to the shift point when the engine is at high operating temp.

Back