nothing but glow plugs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adssmuri

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am running my Revo 3.3 with TF 33%. What is the best glow plug for the truck. I am still using easystart. Poor man has to save money for the bumpstart upgrade. There are too many glow plugs in the market and really dont know which is best.

I would recommend a Medium plug and go from there. Remember that many factors come into play like temp, humidity and more. I run 30% Odonnells and run MC-9 or even MC-59's.That is my set up.

I tried a few different ones in mine and ended up sticking with the Traxxas heavy duty plug.

I ran MC-59's in my 2.5 and my OS .18. The 3.3 is more of a midblock but you should be safe with a Hot to Medium Hot plug. Personnaly I would say the McCoy MC-59. Having used the Traxxas plugs myself they didn't seem to last as long as the McCoys did

I usually recommend McCoy plus because the are fairly cheap and almost every LHS carries them. Just as jon2 mentioned, start with a medium plug (Mc 9) and try others if that doesn't run to well.

The one thing to remember about temps of plugs is, they don't actually make your engine run hot or cold. They are more of an ignition timing. A hot plug will run hotter which makes the combustion happen sooner. Then as you get to a Medium to cold plug the combustion happens later. The problem arises when using higher Nitro % and hot plugs you can create Detonation which will ruin your engine.

So with 33% nitro what would be my safe bet?? I know I'm asking too much.

Please help.

disregard my last. thanks for the recommendations.

Back