side piped the revo!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i smashed the rd pipe and couldnt find another so i went sidepipe!

i was worried about how i was going to mount this thing but once i got the parts here and looked, it just fell into place, the screw for the tecno servo mount is the perfect size, just needed a longer screw and put the pipe mount on top of it. i couldnt believe it went that easy, i just knew i was going to have to drill.. heres some pics for clarification!

DSC01837.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01839.jpg

i put the tecno ext arms back on to help with the wheelies

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

its a jp-1 pipe.

Wow, creative, especially for you!:thumbup: Monkey will be proud. I saw Slaydens and wanted to do mine but said f-it when I got all truggy. Seriously though, looks good

Beas, I'm concerned that the header might melt the pullstarter...
Looks good.

could you spin the header at the engine port to raise the pipe and make a taller pipe mount to get it away and straighten it out a bit?
sitting on the plastic roll bar and the P/S doesn't look like it will last very long.....and yeah HOW DOES IT WORK????????
the side pipes are cheaper than than those revo specific ones too....cool upgrade....

Real nice Beason...... How does it work????????????????????????????

looks good man how do u plan to fit a body on there though.....please explain....

well, the pull started held up fine, the pipe doenst touch the roll bar, and it help up GREAT!!! the pipe didnt move, and i beat the snot outa that thing saturday.

i pulled off a shock end, broke a t-6 aluminum pushrod, a tecno arm, and shreaded two tires. but the pipe is solid and perfect,

oh and on the body, you have to hack the crap out of it but I'm running an illusions body and its stupid thick. ill post pics of it later

heres the parts i used for the pipe mount
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXNXG6

you have to have the tecno throttle mount to do it this way.

Bringin this back up. Looking at Steve Slayden's revo, I have noticed that he has gone through this mod but with the Resonator pipe. Looks pretty cool. I may do this to my Revos. Has anyone tried this with the Trinity pipe?

it has held up pretty good so far. i can pick up the whole truck by the pipe.
the way this one is mounted you have alot of adjustment so you can mount just about any pipe.

Do you get full deflection on the rear arm behind the pipe and header?Looks close.

it doenst hit on the arm. these are the extended arms (pictured are traxxas, i now have tekno) heres a pic of the clearance with the rig bottomed out with tekno ext arms. there is enough room to fit a glo igniter end in there

DSC01875.jpg