Need a Fix

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Over thanksgiving weekend i went to the desert and rode dirt bikes and drove my revo around. It was running like sh** like usual "this was the last straw for the trx2.5". I just got done cleaning her up and noticed that the wheel was sloopy and took it off to see a 1/8 inch gap. How do i fix this. And is a riped Aarm boot a problem. Heres a pic hopefully it will work.
PB290143.gif

you prolly hosed a bearing, take it all apart and check it out, the boot should nt hurt, but it defenetly doesn't help any..

Son of a B****:censored:. I hate screwing with those things and i just noticed that theres actually 2 that are messed. The riped boot isnt on one of those though. Its on a front and the screw up axels are on the back.

Ya know, thats' not the first bearing "pull through" that's happened on the revo. I bet a simple conversion over to a flanged bearing would be enough to fix that problem.

I havent taken it appart yep but i guess i could just put a washer in it to push it back in.

The RPM hub carriers have an oversized bearing which is nice and helps if your running 40's. If your talking about the little boots that cover the pillow balls, just take them off.

A clear pic would really help here.

PB300142.gif

Theres a better pic the arrow points to what I'm talking about. Would the rpm axel carriers help this alot.

I couldn't say. I haven't had that problem though since I installed the RPM carriers. I only ran a gallon of fuel through my revo with stock carriers. After breaking a couple where the tierod connects, I bought RPM. I've put about 2-3 gallons on the truck since and haven't had a carrier problem or bearing problem.

The only problem I've had is when I have the push rods mounted in the holes on the arms closest to center, it puts the carrier at an awkward angle at full extension and they pop out. I just pop them back in, but I got tired of that and was afraid over time it would make it sloppy and I'd have to replace. So, I just mounted the push rod in the center hole on the RPM arms and haven't had it pop out since.

Back