New Era Revo BB Convertion kit, Anyone use it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just checking to see if anyone has used this BB kit: http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=2553

I can't tell if it comes with the exhaust header/couplers or not. More than likely not... but that would make for a mildly lame conversion kit.

The reason I ask is I have 2 OS 21 RG's sitting on a shelf. I'd like to use one for a winter engine and the other next summer. Also, the 21RG is a bit weak for a savage and way to weak for my mammoth with a center diff. I've put 28's in both those trucks, but now I have the RG's just sitting.

Any input on how well it works, required modifications to use it, etc would be appreciated.

A buddy of mine just ordered one,I willgive you an update soon once he runs it!PM me in a bit if no one else gets back to ya!

i buddy of mine ran it in his revo with a wasp 28 and he said it sucked....i can't remember if it broke completely or if it bent but he said there was another company out there that maid one and it was wya better than the new era...

well since ur only running a 21 u should be able to use the traxxas bb kit....i know he kept blowin out spurs and rippin the air filter necks....

Well... that may or may not have anything to do with the actual mount itself.

The traxxas one doesn't allow for the large pullstart on the engines I have.

i spoke with him about it and it bent on him...he sent it back and got another and it did the same thing also...he did mention the qconcepts or quancepts (spelling?)....they ofer a bb kit and it supposed to be better then the new era....

qoncents, new era, hot racing, and traxxas all have bb conversion kits. I hear a lot of mix reviews on all of them. someone has to come out with the ulimate bb conversion.

I don't want to show my ignorance but does running a mill at such a steep angle affect the performance in any way?

I know that in many aircraft they are mounted sideways and they also fly at every possible angle. Just wondering if the mounting angle mattered much.

Motorcycles run them laying on their side as well.

I'd think it might affect fuel delivery for starting, but I couldn't see it causing much of a problem once it's running. As long as the fuel tank is still on the same plane as the engine or higher.