New to the revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZANDOR

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have herd a lot of talk about this Quick turn thing.What is it and what does it do How does it work?
Is it like a center diff?..And is it needed.

I am going to give the revo a try..Intill it pisses me off.Then its going to fly!

OMFG!!!!!! LOL the dog and a Traxxas product! You are correct, the Quick Turn is much like a center dif. Basically what it is, is the forward drive shaft is machined piece of aluminum with a one-way bearing installed. Drive it deep into the turns, tap the brake, turn the wheel and the ass end comes right around. I loved it, but it also suited my driving style well.

Distribution of power to front and rear and the ability to adjust brake bias F/R are the two major functions of a center diff.

The quick turn partially addresses one of these features...braking. The quick-turn eliminates the front brakes, by allowing the front drive shaft to turn freely when the brakes are applied. This lessens the loss of steering under brake that most MT's have.

Great for racing, especially tight tracks.

For beating the snot out of a Revo and jumping houses, spend your $70 elsewhere IMO.

Mr T

Jump Da House....Jump Da House....Jump Da House!!!!!!:bow:

IMO the first things that should be done....FOC and better shock ends, especially on the rear...They will stretch. For racing the center diff and rear brake kit, the center diff comes with the FOC.

Will you use it for racing or bashing....maybe both?

I have the quickturn on my Christmas list...based on Monkeys recomendation.....but I think I agree with SMaxxin get the ceter diff first...of all of the things I have done to my Revo it has made the most difference for me.

I will still try the quickturn as I am thinking of giving racing a try next season.....but you dont need it to bash whch is my passtime just now.

Talon Out

Thanks for all the input guys.Ill leave it in the box intill I figure out just what i am going to do with it!

Take it out of the box!!!

ZANDOR said:
Thanks for all the input guys.Ill leave it in the box intill I figure out just what i am going to do with it!

Send it to me....:smart:

I just scored a nice parts lot from fleabay. I will fix it up.

Of course the traditional 3 gallons of break in fuel run, and I will send it back ready to fly.:celb2:

Or in pieces with a video...:sick:

Come on dont let it sit....try it you will like it......come to the darkside.:eyes:

TalonOne

Come on dont let it sit....try it you will like it......come to the darkside.
I have been to the dark side on three different occasions..Each time It cost me$$$$$$

Touche there....these are parts hungry little .."toys". Part of the wisdome of Traxxas.

So...I will save you some cash..send it to me...PM me for my addy.....;))))

JK unless.....
Talon

beat the hell out of it and it will ask u for more...I've had mine for 2 years now and havent really broken anything major.......nuthin more than 5-10 dollar parts here and there......ull love it...i almost bought a tmaxx and buddy showed me his revo and I'm glad i didnt make that mistake.....revo is built like a brick poop house....

Just send it to its death and off. That's prob your best bet Zandor!!! No money wasted except for fuel, but then again the reward for seeing that would be worth it.

I'm with everyone else jump like it was never jumped before. Just make a vid though. :breakdown

Back