Shock shaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Link is no good.

I'm using the TiN ones as well. I broke 2 or three stock shafts in about 2 gallons worth of bashing. I've run around 2 more gallons since the install and haven't had a problem. Although, I'm now running plastic stock shock ends instead of aluminum ones.

whats the reason your doing that?

The two that broke, broke off right at the end of the threads where the ball end screws on. So, I figured it's cheaper/easier to deal with if it strips a plastic end or something instead of snapping a shaft off.

If you're going to upgrade shafts, go with the Traxxas TiN as mentioned. Though I kinda have to question setup if you breaking shafts, it almost sound like over travel. In two years of racing my Revo, I never broke a shaft.

do you run alluminum ends?

jetmechG550 said:
Though I kinda have to question setup if you breaking shafts, it almost sound like over travel. In two years of racing my Revo, I never broke a shaft.

I'm not sure why they broke. I may have been using to high of oil weight and springs. I think I was using silver with 50 weight. I've dropped down to 30 weight when I installed the TiN shafts. Also, I moved my rod ends to the center hole on the RPM arms instead of the holes closest to center (now it's not as tall). I'm not sure which helped. I kind of want to try the heavier oil again as it bottoms out pretty hard all the time.

I'm using P2's with silver springs all around and 30 weight oil.

Try a smaller diameter piston, it will slow the travel down. I think a pretty good base is 92mm center to center, I believe that is what Slayden starts at. You may have had too much pre-load.

RR21, yes I used aluminum ends. RD Racing products to start and then switched to Racers Edge. After about a year or so one of the RD's wore out and wouldn't hold the ball centered.

Back